Seriously thinking about getting a Revstar

micwalt

Too Controversial To Have An Athleisure Line
Anyone have one, played one, etc.?
I'm toying with the idea of selling my TV Yellow Les Paul Special Doublecut (not faded) and picking up one of these instead.
main_7788.jpg

What say?

I played the RS820 at Chuck Levins a little while back. Seemed quite nice for the money, but not enough for me to break my self-imposed 2017 GAS-ban.

I'm toying with the idea of selling my TV Yellow Les Paul Special Doublecut (not faded) and picking up one of these instead.
main_7788.jpg

What say?

I had this exact model. Worth every penny. Go for it.

I played one at Thomann last year and liked it a lot. Out of everything I tried on that day it was my favourite, but I was only there for a pedal on that day.

Played one (the RS820, I think) at Sweetwater-fest last year, for about 5 minutes. I didn't get to plug it in, some kid in the Yamaha booth was jamming loudly on a keyboard the whole time I was in there and I was with a friend and his son, didn't have alot of time.

For just playing it acoustically, I liked it. Seemed very well built and it had really good action. They have a slightly flatter fretboard than what a Gibson has, if that is a big deal for you. Something like a 13.7?" radius as opposed to a Gibson's 12" radius.

Played both the 320 and the, uh, upper-end model with the Bigsby. Liked them both quite a bit.

I dig the Revstars, but have not played one. The first guitar I'd want to check out were I going for a double P90 thing that wasn't a Gibson would likely be this:

58791e1cf792c6262c492d78_sen290_CRM_main-p-1080x.png

It's differently funky in a way that I like and the Bass roll-off gives it more tonal variation.

main_7788.jpg

What say?

I used to have a Yammy, and it was really nice. Only sold because I needed to raise dosh for my Hamer Special.

MIKE: IF YOU WANNA SELL THAT TVY SPECIAL & IT AIN'T SPOKEN FOR, LET ME KNOW!

Serious as the proverbial motherfucking heart attack.

I just got back from Sweetwater, and they had 3 Revstars up on display in their store (I'm sure they have tons more in the warehouse).

I played all 3, and all 3 kicked ass. They were very well set up, fretwork and attention to detail were impeccable.

As a matter of fact, the blue Revstar RS420 $499 (Nato body & neck with a maple cap, alnico V pups) was the best guitar I picked up and played while I was there, which included some Charvels, EVH Wolfgangs, the new Hamers, a couple of Schecters, and a couple of PRS SE's.

They had a RS502 which is the model you wanted, @micwalt and it played very nicely, but something about the 420 was better, imo, not that the 502 was bad by any means.

And they had an RS720B too...the one with the flamed maple cap and Bigsby $999 it played really nicely as well, the Bigsby stayed in tune.

The necks are thicker than the shredder guitars like Ibanez, Carvin, Schecter etc, but not quite as thick as, say the PRS SE Zack Myers or the PRS SE semi-hollow 245 they had on the wall.

Back