Sergio Vallin Stratocaster

B Valley

Rattlesnake Shaker
Sorry if this has been posted already. I just saw it and thought it was kinda cool.

am-105160.jpg

tw5nexigir687vab2xd0.jpg

Product Description
Electrifying Mexican quartet Mana is the world's biggest Latin rock band, thanks in no small part to the masterful guitar work of Sergio Vallin. Fender and Vallin have now collaborated closely on the Sergio Vallin Signature Stratocaster model, one of the most distinctive instruments in the Fender Artist series. With a brand-new offset body shape, tonally versatile HSS pickup layout with special switching, and other special appointments, it's a bold new Fender design loaded with pure Vallin sound, personality and playability. Fender gig bag included!

Features:
- Alder Body
- Maple Neck with Rosewood Fingerboard
- Decorative Chrome Plate Under Bridge with Artist Signature Stamp
- 5-Bolt Neck Plate
- No Back Tremolo Cover Plate
- FSV Humbucking Bridge Pickup and FSV Single-Coil Strat Mid and Neck Pickups
- Artist Signature on Front of Headstock

$799.00

I do, too. I don't see the point of the "decorative" chrome plate around the tremvibridge, but whatever.
Interested if that would brighten the Sound at all adding mass behind it like that. Maybe more sustain? Might Fuck it up? Intrigueing though.

Yeah, it definitely looks like something from 1969, when CBS was throwing out lots of Frankenstein's monsters under the Fender name...

What IS the 'special switching?'

Edit: Ah, here we are: "A push-pull switch discretely hidden in the volume knob can be activated to bypass the volume and pickup switch, allowing for direct routing and higher output."

I don't see a tone knob (the 2nd knob is a rotary pup selector) and think that's a flaw. Also think that while they were doling out new wiring configs, a coil tap could've been fun, esp. with a HSH pup layout.

The offset body is lovely.

Last edited:
I like most of it, a lot actually. Most.

I'd rather ditch the metal plate and extend the PG to have the controls (and real controls, volume, tone and a 5 way slider) and ditch the plate around the bridge. Other than that, it's damn close to super bitchin™

Back