Sending Cork Sniffery and Douche Baggery back 100 years

I'm good with something in between. But then I really haven't been a Strat guy since c. '89-'93. So consider the source.

16270992701_fcd2a9ef55_b.jpg

I had one of these for a while. Darn nice guitar. 99-00' Ash MIM.
IMG_1125.JPG

On closer inspection this pic is of a newer one with the 70s headstock. Mine looked the same except it had the regular Strat headstock.

Last edited:
That's about as sexy as electric guitars get.

Thanks, she is pretty as hell. Was a deal, too. A Classic Series '50s. Apparently the seller saw MIM on the back of the headstock and figured it was a Fender Standard Strat, and priced it accordingly. At the time new Standards were selling at 5 bills, CS '50s at $800, so it was a steal.

I saw that video, and I understand where they're coming from. I probably wouldn't be inclined to blow 3 grand on a custom shop Strat, but by the same token, unless it has an absolutely killer neck (in other words, not the typical toothpick thin necks that cheapo strats seem to come with nowadays), and decent sounding pickups, the chances of me buying a cheapo Strat, due to the lack of justification economically, that I'd have for getting it refretted with nickel free and stainless steel free frets (so my allergies to those two metals wouldn't rear up their ugly heads), are pretty low. It costs $300-$400 to get a guitar refretted, I can't justify spending that on a Squier Strat unless it's something special.

So after watching these guys no one concluded that maybe one should pay more attention to amp choices than guitar choices. Those are not Line 6 amps back there.

I saw that video, and I understand where they're coming from. I probably wouldn't be inclined to blow 3 grand on a custom shop Strat, but by the same token, unless it has an absolutely killer neck (in other words, not the typical toothpick thin necks that cheapo strats seem to come with nowadays), and decent sounding pickups, the chances of me buying a cheapo Strat, due to the lack of justification economically, that I'd have for getting it refretted with nickel free and stainless steel free frets (so my allergies to those two metals wouldn't rear up their ugly heads), are pretty low. It costs $300-$400 to get a guitar refretted, I can't justify spending that on a Squier Strat unless it's something special.

wouldn't it be a crap ton easier just to toss a warmoth or similar w/ EVO frets in the profile of your choice on a strat? IIRC it a pretty modest upcharge....those are nickle free (iron, titanium & copper alloy)

My favorite strat is a MiM roadworn strat. It's simply the best strat I've had my hands on. I don't care where it was made, and I don't care what it looks like. It plays and sounds like no other strat I've had my hands on.

So after watching these guys no one concluded that maybe one should pay more attention to amp choices than guitar choices. Those are not Line 6 amps back there.

They’re not actually using those amps. The real amps are offset somewhere so they don’t bleed into the vocals. That Marshall isn’t even miked.

You ever consider looking into some kind of sealant for the frets? May be cheaper, even if you had to re-apply every few years.

Back