Selling gear online - here's a new one

jbj

Poor old Geordie's array...
So I just bought a new PA for DJing, very happy with it meaning my old PA is surplus to requirements.

I put it up on a few Facebook DJ groups at a reasonable price so I don't have to deal with the morons on Gumtree.

I want £400 cash or cash and exchange for a basic DJ controller / mixer

My first hit - a guy wishing to trade for a really complicated and expensive controller that won't even run the software I use.

I tell him I'm not interested as it's far too much for what I need / am looking for and would rather have the cash and / or a simpler cheaper controller

His response: well if you take this you can then sell it on for cash.

Right dude so you get my speakers which I'm in no huge hurry to get rid of and in return I get somethign I can't use that I then have to sell to a more niche market for cash?

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

HOW ABOUT YOU JUST BUY MY SPEAKERS?

:facepalm:

I wonder if Paris Hilton needs some active speakers :embarrassed:

I hate selling stuff with a passion. I always am super truthful,going beyond sometimes,because I'm paranoid someone will bitch about it later that I ripped them off. Sometimes I have just given stuff away to keep myself sane.

Yup selling generally sucks.

The irony is I usually put the stuff out on Facebook first to avoid having to deal with random Gumtree muppetry.

Back