Selling Casa Jello...moving...

I've been OCD about keeping it up, they can get away from you. Even though it's post '90 with actual real floors, walls, and roof, you have to stay on top of it. I replaced all of the cheap fixtures years ago.

And congrats jm! :)

Even a conventional house built 30 years ago is going to need TLC.

We lived in a trailer for about a year before we bought the house. It was from circa 1970.

It was a huge shithole, but it was a roof over our heads.

It's a 14x70 with central living area and bedrooms at both ends...the front room ha a big walk in closet and will be my studio/music room...I can build up to a 12x12 shed so I will be able to keep a small workshop...

The lot rent is 325 a month and a mortgage on 60K will be about 350 per month...utilities should be significantly lower than the house...my mortgage now is 1200 and utilities run almost 1000 per month...I make OK money but not the kind of money that can afford to maintain this house, plus one person in a 4 bedroom house is a waste of space...

I'm luck that I have a decent amount of equity in the house...I have to market as a fixer-upper so I'm going to have to be flexible in the negotiations, but I should net at least 40-50k on it, which I'm going to bank for the future...

I'm taking a chance, a big chance, buying the trailer before the house sells...I should be able to carry both for awhile before I need to panic...but I'm also of a mind to take the first reasonable offer and get it over with...

brand new is a GOOD thing. you'll have decent insulation and walls and appliances, etc.
i would have liked one a little wider (18' ?) but you gotta go with what you can.
i've lived in 3 or 4 'mobile homes'. there's good and bad there. big storms are most of the bad.
are you in a park or on a lot?
can you build a deck on the patio up to the walk in level of the house?
i did that with the last one. i had a nice aluminum awning over the deck and the deck was half of the length of the trailer and maybe 10 feet wide.

on a lot out in the country, double wide.....i'd do that in a blue freakin' heartbeat.

brand new is a GOOD thing. you'll have decent insulation and walls and appliances, etc.
i would have liked one a little wider (18' ?) but you gotta go with what you can.
i've lived in 3 or 4 'mobile homes'. there's good and bad there. big storms are most of the bad.
are you in a park or on a lot?
can you build a deck on the patio up to the walk in level of the house?
i did that with the last one. i had a nice aluminum awning over the deck and the deck was 3/4's of the length of the trailer and maybe 10 feet wide.

on a lot out in the country, double wide.....i'd do that in a blue freakin' heartbeat.
It's in a very nice park...they build a good size deck at the main entrance and a small porch on the other side...

It's a mobile home NOT a trailer.

Good luck/congrats.

Had a job once, in Burches mobile home park. The streets are A street, B street, etc. Really creative. Anyways, every job I do, I call in the morning, say I'm on my way, or give a stab in the dark guess of a time if it's the second, or third. I also always ask them if their house number is on the house, or mailbox, or something. Half of the time they say no but, It's green with pink shutters, ford truck in the drive way. So I can find their house.

Ladies' address is A1.

Me: So your address is A1. Is that on your house, or mailbox or something?

Lady: Yes. I have A1 on my house.

Me: You should really get a hose and, wash that off.

Bad joke, I know. The funny part was, from this, she took that I was putting her down for living in a trailer. Oops mobile home.

Wifey and I have talked about finding a nice country plot and plopping a double wide on it when our kids are grown. I don't need house space, I want land and quiet and darkness.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with mobile homes...Especially the ones built today....They are beautiful..

I had one around 1990 and when I wanted to buy a house I talked my bro and his family into buying it,(they were living in an apt).

At the time it was valued at 30K..LOL...Think about it...

I sold it to my bro for 15 K

He didn't have the credit so I took out the loan and bi-weekly he would make the deposit,which he did..

It was a stepping stone for him and his family and they've long since been in a house.

Mobile homes will always be home sweet home to me..

And,now I'm in a condo...WTF..

My friend, Danacoustic (you all my remember him from HC), had a really nice place out in Holly, MI. The mobile home park had a Hawaiian name and all the streets were Hawaiian themed.

My wife's mom and stepdad had a very nice one, and when they passed about 7-8 years ago, we had fleeting thoughts about moving into that one and selling our house, but it was a bit farther from work (and my daughter) that we wanted to be. Wife ended up selling it, but the proceeds mostly went to pay off the estate debt...

I would GLADLY move into one in the right locale - hell, it's still a possibility in the not-too-distant future.

My friend, Danacoustic (you all my remember him from HC), had a really nice place out in Holly, MI. The mobile home park had a Hawaiian name and all the streets were Hawaiian themed.
he had serious issues with some of his neighbors, as i remember.

Like this?

l_9633_jello-wall.jpg

What is your friend,(I remember him),up to these days??

On the market 4 hours, already had a viewing inquiry... waiting for the buyer to figure out their schedule...

Too bad the market there is not like the market here. We had 15 showings within 8 hours of the house going to market and 2 full price offers in the same time frame. Then again - pricing is so insane in Denver right now you would not want to be there. It's one of the reasons I moved.

There is a small community down in Colorado Springs (where I live now) where all the homes are manufactured homes. Absolutely gorgeous. I was seriously looking at getting one until I found out that I cannot get a VA loan for one. And I will need a VA as my current salary does not allow me the luxury of saving much toward a large down payment.

It's a 14x70 with central living area and bedrooms at both ends...the front room ha a big walk in closet and will be my studio/music room...I can build up to a 12x12 shed so I will be able to keep a small workshop...

The lot rent is 325 a month and a mortgage on 60K will be about 350 per month...utilities should be significantly lower than the house...my mortgage now is 1200 and utilities run almost 1000 per month...I make OK money but not the kind of money that can afford to maintain this house, plus one person in a 4 bedroom house is a waste of space...

I'm luck that I have a decent amount of equity in the house...I have to market as a fixer-upper so I'm going to have to be flexible in the negotiations, but I should net at least 40-50k on it, which I'm going to bank for the future...

I'm taking a chance, a big chance, buying the trailer before the house sells...I should be able to carry both for awhile before I need to panic...but I'm also of a mind to take the first reasonable offer and get it over with...

Not to rub it in, but our mortgage is $797/month for the house and almost 2 acres (15 year). Utilities run about $400/month in the summer, and maybe $800/month in the winter.

Of course, the jobs here probably don't pay anywhere near what the jobs there do.

Our mortgage will be paid off in October!

Well...

2 days on the market, the house has been viewed twice and there is a third appointment pending...the buyers from this morning have a list of questions to answer, most are reasonable, a few are over the line...

I was approved for a mortgage contingent on the sale of the house...the trailer park owner is not willing to hold it that long but I worked out a deal for a 30 day hold by making the 1000.00 downpayment non-refundable...I'm taking a 1000.00 gamble that I will either sell this place or secure alternative financing before August 5...

Back