Sea Food Appreciation Thread

Love sea food. Living in Denver it's pretty hard to get fresh fish. I have to go with the shipped in stuff.

I don't catch it myself anymore, but miss flounder and speckled trout. Seabrook is just a few minutes away so fresh off the boat shrimp and fish is a regular staple.

Love it all. I used to SCUBA dive as a teen/young adult (70s/80s) and we used to get abalone, scallops, lobster and do some spearfishing as well off of Palos Verdes and Catalina. We were eating scallops raw out of the shell before we knew what sushi was.

Love it. Wife loves it so we eat a lot of it. Fresh dungeness crab, scallops, clams, mussels, Uni (sea urchin), large shrimp w/heads, fresh pacific salmon, halibut, swordfish, cod, we even had mackerel a couple weeks ago after the boys caught some. Not my favorite but my wife loves strong fish.

Love just about all of it. Can't really do the deep fried stuff like I used to. Never cared for whole belly clams. Otherwise, I thrive off of it. Lucky to have a lot of great places to get it fresh around me too. Going to Cape Cod in a few weeks and I intend to live off of shellfish the whole time.

Love just about all of it. Can't really do the deep fried stuff like I used to. Never cared for whole belly clams. Otherwise, I thrive off of it. Lucky to have a lot of great places to get it fresh around me too. Going to Cape Cod in a few weeks and I intend to live off of shellfish the whole time.

Yeah, count me out of the Whole Belly Clam thing.
I love clam strips, but the whole belly ones......not so much.

I eat just about all of it. I'm not a huge fan of oysters and shrimp, but pretty much everything else is fine with me. I live in a big sport and commercial fishing area, so pretty much every restaurant has fresh mahi and grouper on the specials board, and lots of people at work just give me cuts of fish they caught for free.

Back