Scottish independence referendum almost upon us.

I like this candidate

New-Union-Flag.jpg
I've never understood why the "X" was off-center in the Union Jack.

The Yes gang have been promising unicorns and rainbows from day 1 so the coat of arms stands. :embarrassed:

4 and a half hour stint outside a polling station earlier. Now having some low key drinks to celebrate a dearly departed friend who would have turned 30 today.

That puts the whole thing into perspective when it gets down to it. I'm going to my bed tonight comfortable in the knowledge that the country has made the right choice :)

Quis Seperabit my friends, Quis Seperabit.

And the counting begins. Polls are long closed. 4 relatively low population councils results are in, and it is almost 60% no. Obviously very early, and one might expect some dramatic shifts when councils with big cities get their counts in. Some bigger councils have hinted their numbers are looking like pretty clear no votes, but they are not done counting.

EDIT: Looking like it is moving back towards 60-40 for No as more areas report votes. No where near done yet, but it seems Yes has failed to win some areas they expected to take.

Last edited:
Indeed, looks like most places are running around 85% turnout, which is pretty damn amazing.

And the fact that 93% of those eligible to register were registered. I have expected a 'No' all along but I wonder if the 'Yes' factions will be comfortable living with the 'NO' if in fact it does win or if they will try this again in 10 years or so. Hard to imagine all the feelings going on with both sides in this. I have not ever been in that situation aside from the periodic ideas when I lived in Cali that NorCal wanted to be separate from SoCal.

And the fact that 93% of those eligible to register were registered. I have expected a 'No' all along but I wonder if the 'Yes' factions will be comfortable living with the 'NO' if in fact it does win or if they will try this again in 10 years or so. Hard to imagine all the feelings going on with both sides in this. I have not ever been in that situation aside from the periodic ideas when I lived in Cali that NorCal wanted to be separate from SoCal.

No way to know.

Québec hasn't had a referendum in a while. Knock on wood.

Yeah, the strongest no councils are still more than 30% yes voters. Hopefully people can put the vote behind them and everyone gets along.

Periodic? :embarrassed: No offense, SoCal'ers :lol:

Happened to look at the results. Realized they could be making up location names for all I know about Scotland.

North Heehawshire is probably not a real place.

Happened to look at the results. Realized they could be making up location names for all I know about Scotland.

North Heehawshire is probably not a real place.
Wife says that sounds like a legit place, but she's of Welsh heritage :lol:

I'm half Scottish, & I just noticed that the Union Jack is kinda lopsided- I see what they were going for though -opposing forces: upper left to lower right, upper right to lower left. White & red opposes.

But I'm also half German, therefore also half Gaul, therefor also half Barbarian, which is a few short steps aways from a caveman, therefore WTF do I know????

Fire.
Hot.
Woman.
*Bonk*
*drags back into cave*
*sexytime*:eek:drool0.

Im hearing it was 55 45 which is what my money was on. 18 grand of student debt and some mostly useless voting behaviour classes start to oay out :)

I'm not going to be triumphalust but the people have spoken and that should be respected regardless of your opinion.

Back