Scottish independence referendum almost upon us.

Well the shits already hitting the fan on the streets.

I hope Mr Salmond realises what he's started here.

yeah, blame Alex Salmond for knuckedragger Unionists giving nazi-salutes and firing flares and attacking random people. Like they need a political excuse :facepalm:

I'd say arrest all those arseholes and drop them in the sea

'A spokeswoman for Police Scotland said there were about 100 people in each of the two groups, and although there had been some "minor disorder" it had been dealt with by officers.'

Idiots, but hardly The Troubles rolleyes1

It's tiny. The pictures, as always, don't do it justice.

We probably have one of the best police forces for crowd control around, due to the old firm matches, they dealt with it swiftly. Notice the complete lack of any riot gear in all the pictures of the trouble in george square - it's just the local orange orders getting a bit pished and being cunts, as they always do. The mewling from some fucknuts about this on my twatter/FB feed is embarrassing. Apparently I'm a nazi because these fucks voted no, as did I, so obviously I'm one of them.

perhaps there should be an IQ limit on voting instead of an age limit.

/rant

Also it is funny how Salmond was labelled a liar and charlatan but the last week of the No campaign was based entirely around lies too. I'm surprised that some did not see through this, but there we go.

Ptabz.jpg

Also it is funny how Salmond was labelled a liar and charlatan but the last week of the No campaign was based entirely around lies too. I'm surprised that some did not see through this, but there we go.

Unfortunately, that sounds pretty typical for politics. The only hope is for enough of the people to take the time to educate themselves beyond the sound bites and lies. Regardless of the side of the issue. Educated discourse and respect of other opinions would be a nice, refreshing change.

Fuck a munchie box would do my hangover the world of good just now :embarrassed:

Yesterday felt like anything but a victory for me, it was truly a day I felt introspective and sad and last night's events cemented that.

I hope in my heart that it was just the arsehole of the world's get it up ye party and that's that.

What I will say is that a schism has been opened, it goes both ways but some of the things I've personally endured from people I know has essentially ended long, in some cases life long, friendships and I'm sure I'm not an isolated case in this whole grubby debacle. I'm not worried about knee cappings and pubs getting blown up, what I am worried about is that we've given a part of the world where petty parochialism and mindless violence is a core pass time and we've added another depth and layer to the sectarian "what school did you go to?" type of shit that is a quiet but nasty undercurrent to our society.

On the flipside I might just be a cynical twunt... I was exhausted mentally by the whole thing yesterday and a guy in the pub got chatting and said something like, "You look down man, I take it you were like me and voted Yes." after explaining to him that I was the guy who had put up the No signs on the lamp posts 2 miles either side of the pub we were in we had a really nice and enlightening chat about the whole thing. I hope that's how the dust eventually settles but time will tell.

Turns out last night was a planned and organised rally by EDL, SDL and Britain First loyalists.

Unfortunately, that sounds pretty typical for politics. The only hope is for enough of the people to take the time to educate themselves beyond the sound bites and lies. Regardless of the side of the issue. Educated discourse and respect of other opinions would be a nice, refreshing change.

That's just it. This campaign was marked by massive voter engagement and a real, informed, national debate about the issues. Don't let a few idiots on the fringe make you think this was some sort of nasty, decisive, virtual civil war.

jbj is right about the arseholes who will add this as just more reason to have a barny about. We defeat them by marginalising them and continuing to work together for a better Scotland. That's what both sides are genuinely working for.

What I'm more worried about is that once these arseholes get tired / run out of tonic they'll fuck off back under the rock they crawled from but in a time where generally, y generation isn't blighted by that sort of shite "how did you vote in 2014?" will become my, and more to the point, my nephew's generations "what school did you go to?"

Sickened by the whole thing.

Back