Scott Stapp of Creed has gone all Britney/Amanda Bynes

I may be jumping the gun here but whilst I can see how record companies could dick you over and no doubt would at every turn, IF you were super rich and had someone else in charge of your stuff, SURELY you'd be keeping a close eye on what was being done with it?

Or is he just another one of these halfwits that have hired a hot shot accountant to find all the loopholes under the Sun and eventually found out that the powers that be can and will hammer you when they find out that's what you're doing?

I may be jumping the gun here but whilst I can see how record companies could dick you over and no doubt would at every turn, IF you were super rich and had someone else in charge of your stuff, SURELY you'd be keeping a close eye on what was being done with it?

Or is he just another one of these halfwits that have hired a hot shot accountant to find all the loopholes under the Sun and eventually found out that the powers that be can and will hammer you when they find out that's what you're doing?

Sports are full of halfwits and no one really teaches how to manage money. Listening to sports radio about football and basketball, the incoming draftees actually need to attend classes on managing money. Nothing that you would see in music. Just go and read about what happened to band Badfinger....really sad.

Being unaware of finances isn't limited to sports and music stars.

In my line of work, we work with millionaires exclusively.

At least half of them are very savvy and worked hard for their money and know where every last dollar is at all times.

Maybe 1/4 inherited their money and also keep track of everything.

Then there's the 1/4 that have never looked at a bank statement, hire people to manage their finances, and count on those people to make sure everything gets paid and they always have spending money.

Those are the ones that a shady accountant or lawyer could easily steal every last dime and they wouldn't know anything until they have nothing left.

Considering that all of the major sports figures are all represented by professional agents, you would think that part of the agents services would include setting them up with a trusted financial adviser/CPA.

Considering that all of the major sports figures are all represented by professional agents, you would think that part of the agents services would include setting them up with a trusted financial adviser/CPA.

I'm sure that's always presented as an option, but financial managers don't come for cheap. We take roughly 1% of managed accounts market value in fees every year.

When you've got $50,000,000 in managed assets, $500,000 per year probably seems outrageous. I'm sure some of the ones who are broke now would gladly go back and hire that financial manager if they could.

Financial training is week one in the NBA and NFL. But many of those kids are too clueless to listen to the rich guys who are trying to explain how to stay rich.

Duff McKagan (bassist for GNR) took a few years off to get an MBA and found a wealth management firm that helps celebrities learn to not get ripped off. Scott should have hired Duff!

IDK if this tops having your sister haul your ass all over Florida searching Denny's for a fake internet hookup to get laid:

https://web.archive.org/web/20050807005126/http://www.livejournal.com/users/tomluv/13923.html

When I first started posting on Harmony Central there was a guy there that posted a Scott Stapp/Denny's story, complete with pics. From what I remember Stapp had come in to the Denny's and this guy from HC was there with a bunch of friends, some who were female and fairly cute. Stapp started trying to pick up the gals so I guess they played a joke on him and told him about some party way out in the boonies and then ditched him, or some such.

The HC dude had some pics, so I think it was legit.

edit: doh, just clicked on the link, I think it's the same thing. I remember them having quite a few pics though.

The OP link above about this new story says his wife is divorcing him? I wonder if it's wife #2, I thought his wife that was in that Creed video a long time ago (singing at the end of one of their songs) had divorced him some time ago. I remember hearing that she pistol-whipped him with a cell-phone or some such...

Back