Dig it! Schaffer Replica Pedal (Secret to the Angus Young TOAN)

jaxn slim

Your Worst Nightmare
I was visiting a buddy's recording studio in Nashville last week, and he showed me this secret weapon he uses sometimes. I'm probably gonna get one soon. It's the Solo Dallas Schaffer Replica.

71%2BKM4LDhIL._SY355_.jpg

Quick history: Angus Young was upset about the early AC/DC albums because he wasn't getting the same tone in the studio that he was in a live setting. Long story short, they figured out it was some audio processing being performed by his guitar wireless system. Bing bang boom, these guys made a device to simulate the processing, and now it is available in a pedal.

It strikes me as one of those "always on" pedals that bring a really pleasant compression and brilliance to the guitar signal, not too dissimilar from a Klon. I'm not trying to sound like Angus Young, but I'm thinking it could bring to life any other sound, too.

http://solodallas.com/the-schaffer-replica/specifications

Interesting for sure, but I feel like I can get there with some light compression and a dirty boost.
In theory you're definitely right. I kind of want to get one just to do a shootout and see how close I can get to faking it. As cool as it sounds in the youtube vids, it sounds even better in person.

In theory you're definitely right. I kind of want to get one just to do a shootout and see how close I can get to faking it. As cool as it sounds in the youtube vids, it sounds even better in person.

It also comes down to what I'm willing to spend on a pedal. Pixie dust infused modulation? Yeah, sure, I'll spend $300 - $400. Dirty boost pedal? $100 - $150.

Back