Scariest Movies?

Phil513

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Staff member
I know we just had an Exorcist thread, but list 'em here. Scariest movies of all time!

It will give me something to check out tomorrow night. :grin:

The Kurt Russel one? I never knew that was a remake. huh.

Let me throw in Event Horizon. Nobody does creepy like Sam Neill

Yeah. The Thing From Another World, 1951, directed by Howard Hawks. Also great. It's the movie that the kids were watching on TV in Halloween in '78.

Yeah. The Thing From Another World, 1951, directed by Howard Hawks. Also great. It's the movie that the kids were watching on TV in Halloween in '78.

I watched the new new one a couple of months ago, just because that hot cheerleader gal from Deathproof was in it. (Mary Elizabeth something or other?)

Major disappointment. I wouldn't go so far to say it was a bad movie by any means, but it just lacked that 'on the edge of your seat' excitement to it that the Kurt Russell one had.

3dceb6aed45d19829fb5642ec0a97305.jpg

Salem's Lot scared the hell out of me when I was a kid.

Watched it again about 10 years ago and couldn't believe how corny it was. :embarrassed:

That is why I won't watch the original Halloween. I watched it for the first time when I was 8 or 9 and it was so scary. I am sure it is pretty lame these days.

Horror generally does nothing for me, except a few flicks I saw when I was a kid.

Communion (movie and book) and Fire in the Sky scared the shit out of me when I was 12 or 13. I was fascinated with aliens and abduction stories despite being terrified by the thought. I still get the willies sometimes when I go camping, thinking there's a Gray watching me.

Jacob's Ladder

Beyond Dark Crystal. I was 4 and had nightmares for weeks.

Jacob's Ladder

The only time I watched that movie I was on some mind altering substances and it was by far the scariest thing I have ever seen. I have no idea if it really is scary but I wouldn't recommend watching that movie after eating a bag of mushrooms.

Salem's Lot scared the hell out of me when I was a kid.

Watched it again about 10 years ago and couldn't believe how corny it was. :embarrassed:

I haven't seen it in 30 years, but it probably is corny.....just going off memory.

I remember the scene with the little girl saying "No more food in boxes...." and it scared the fucking shit out of me as a kid. And the scene with the two British cops at the end who turn around.....

Back