Say hello to my little friend

Steverino

black sheep
E9FC8F82-2414-47F4-AA81-D538E65C31D9_zpsstknqpgo.jpg

2016 Focus ST
No frills, an ST1. It doesn't have the Recarros which would've been cool, nav either, didn't want it. But the color, yes. Kona blue. It's got 50 miles on the clock, bought it right off the showroom floor :embarrassed:

BE4D4CE5-E671-4048-B8E3-7D39F56B67A0_zps3htmmbdy.jpg

Looks sinister. As a shareholder in FMC I thank you for your contribution to my dividend check. A guy at work just bought a new ST in white. Doesn't look anywhere as nice as this blue. That's a very nice color.

Nice choice!

I've driven them a few times and I really like what Ford has done w/ them. Great blend of performance & handling in a practical car that you can live with day in and day out. I liked the way they tuned in a feeling of mid corner rotation with the torque vectoring, making it a more dynamic ride on the street than some of the competition. I dug the recaros...if they were available as a stand-alone option on the ST1, I probably would have pulled the trigger on one myself.

Nice choice!

I've driven them a few times and I really like what Ford has done w/ them. Great blend of performance & handling in a practical car that you can live with day in and day out. I liked the way they tuned in a feeling of mid corner rotation with the torque vectoring, making it a more dynamic ride on the street than some of the competition. I dug the recaros...if they were available as a stand-alone option on the ST1, I probably would have pulled the trigger on one myself.
I'm still getting a feel for this car. Clutch is so sensitive, I was a bit embarrassed during the test drive, though I never stalled it :embarrassed: It'll take a few more weeks before I'm really comfortable with it. Also reacquainting myself with torque-steer, though it seen as a negative, I quite enjoy it, within reason. This car drives like it's on rails, and having driven an old truck since 2013 I'm adjusting to that, too. Put it in Sport Mode a while ago. What fun. I've also never owned a turbo, so there's that. Sometimes the power snatches you back in 2nd, other times 3rd or even 4th. I keep forgetting there's a 6th gear too.

I washed it to get the off the road dust; the wife didn't see any dirt. Then I had to drive it again, you know, to "dry it off" :grin:

Also reacquainting myself with torque-steer, though it seen as a negative, I quite enjoy it, within reason.

Compared to many other FWD cars w/ some power that I've driven, it was almost non-existant....they did a good job with that.

Back