Saw a Fisker Karma the other day

shoeless

Riffin'
I was visiting my daughter in Baltimore on Tuesday and when we stopped at a Dunkin' for a cup of coffee, I saw this in the parking lot. I did not recognized the body so I went over for a closer look. Turns out it was a Fisker Karma, which I had never heard of. From Wikipedia:

The Fisker Karma was the world's first premium plug-in range-extended electric luxury sports sedan that was produced by Fisker Automotive in 2012. The cars were manufactured at Valmet Automotive in Finland...Production was suspended in November 2012 as the sole battery supplier to Fisker Automotive, A123 Systems filed for bankruptcy following 2 battery recalls. Fisker Automotive was unable to carry on production of the Fisker Karma in the absence of its sole battery supplier...After furloughing its US workers in late March 2013, Fisker Automotive filed for bankruptcy in November 2013.

Pretty good looking car IMO.

7a0837a1421b51020af9eb6d2a2f82ef.jpg

There was a Fisker dealer in Palo Alto on El Camino at Arastradero (interestingly one door down from the McLaren dealer) that I passed every day on the way to work. I see more McLaren's in one day than most people see in a lifetime, and I generally see at least a half-dozen Teslas on the way home in the afternooon.

Back