saddle screws for hwy 1 tele

wagdog

Ack
As can be seen on this pic here:

Both of the adjustment screws on the top and bottom are sticking out pretty far. Does anyone know where I can get some shorter ones for a tele bridge?

Just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing: I'm referring to the height adjustment screws. I've ground those before on a strat, and the results weren't good.

Just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing: I'm referring to the height adjustment screws. I've ground those before on a strat, and the results weren't good.
Yep, same thing. Guys over at TDPRI replaced those for the same issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I guess it depends on your hardware store. Usually in the screw section they have pull out bins with smaller set screws, rivets and such. Mine has them in different threads from 6-32 up, and lengths from 1/4 up

if you like steel these are great. CJ Tooling, $25

34832006.jpg

or for dead balls accurate get Glendale smooth steel for $60
40635512.jpg

I kinda want to put a steel saddle on the E&A position of my red Tele. Got a link to those CJ tooling saddles?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

he actually has a website now, you used to have to email him...prices went up too, they used to be $25, now they are $30+$6 shipping... Still very cheap compared to Glendale.
I like the 5/16ths cold-rolled smooth steel, these are the big mamba jambas Leo used on the 1950 Broadcaster
The Glendales are pretty much exact replicas, and non-intonated but also twice the price.

but instead of steel id put aluminum on the e and a if you want to brighten those up. Steel is very similar sounding to brass., so it wouldnt be worth it IMO. But maybe, I never tried it.

http://www.cjguitartooling.com/saddles.html

Last edited:
Back