Question: SAD

I don't know that I have SAD, but my depression can get worse in the winter. I have always been too cheap to buy one of those lights just hoping it might work.

I sometimes get a bit hibernate-y, but winter is still my fav season

Autumn's my favorite, but I love winter. I could never move to the real south (east through west) because I need my winter. I get annoyed with mild winters and have never had a problem with "bad" winters when I lived in NY.

But as others have said, all the best to you folks dealing with some level of SAD.

I am also a miserable bastard for the next 7 months. I had no idea there was something to help I'm interested. My current therapy is looking at this picture while hurling obscenities at anyone who mentions snow.

How long off is the CR move?

here's a pic from my driveway...dude down the street bought a trolly back in the spring and I guess they were gonna make a food truck or something because they did some work off and on with it but for the most part it's been sitting there all summer :shrug: ....plenty of bright sunshine though and a palm tree

View attachment 30265
Why do you have rain gutters and a down spout??

Do you have a snow shovel too, just in case??

Going outdoors in the sunlight for an extended period of time generally works as well as a special light.

Some of us live in places where, for 4 months, 'sunlight' means 8am-4pm at -5 degrees Fahrenheit with near-constant cloud cover and frequent snow.

Some of us live in places where, for 4 months, 'sunlight' means 8am-4pm at -5 degrees Fahrenheit with near-constant cloud cover and frequent snow.
Sounds awesome. I keep threatening to move up into BC somewhere for such climes.

Also, on a separate note, is it bad that when I read the thread title, I keep thinking about Trump tweets? Now that's depressing.

Sounds awesome. I keep threatening to move up into BC somewhere for such climes.

BC is a little different. I was expressing my bitterness about the years I spent on the east coast. Which can be lovely between June and October. But Vancouver doesn't really go belong freezing long enough for snow to accumulate. Although you could drive 45 minutes and BAM! all of the snow you'd ever need. Also, not much snow on the island, either.

Also, on a separate note, is it bad that when I read the thread title, I keep thinking about Trump tweets? Now that's depressing.

We'll have nightmares for years.

Back