S&H Green Stamps

Honkridge

UNACCEPTABLE!
PROGRAM CHANGE ANNOUNCEMENT - 9/12/2019
Effective October 15, 2019, we will no longer be accepting or exchanging S&H Green Stamps for conversion to S&H greenpoints. Additionally, our S&H greenpoints redemption options will change. We will only be offering a $50 Supercertificate in exchange for 125,000 greenpoints.

https://greenpoints.com/

Who knew they were still in business....

Holy shit. I thought they'd been gone for a long time.
I worked at a gas station in the early 70s. I would save all the blue chip stamps people didn't want. My mom furnished half the house with stuff from their catalog, including a clock something like this:
07-30-elgin-starburst-clock.jpg

I had no idea. Remember my mom putting them in "the book", saving up. That, and the coupons from Chesterfield cigarettes.

When I was a kid, the S&H Green Stamps catalog store was right next door to the Jerry Lewis Cinema (Fondren at Westheimer for you Houston forumites). Long gone, but the strip center they were in is still there.

My folks got a lot of household stuff with green stamps. So many green stamps into so many green stamp books. I would help with the licking...

...which, now that I think about it, is all kind of weird. A bounty for turning in stacks of books that have things you licked on every single page.

I can remember my mother having a drawer in the kitchen full of them...

Holy shit. I thought they'd been gone for a long time.
I worked at a gas station in the early 70s. I would save all the blue chip stamps people didn't want. My mom furnished half the house with stuff from their catalog, including a clock something like this:
07-30-elgin-starburst-clock.jpg
We had the same clock...

Technically my first guitar was a nylon string acoustic that my folks bought with green stamps that I never got into.

Back