Russians are f&$king crazy, part 571.

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
76 Russian Soccer Fans Brawl On Highway, Shake Hands, Leave Amicably

http://jalopnik.com/76-russian-soccer-fans-brawl-on-highway-shake-hands-l-1651712059

Sometimes, in life, you and 37 buddies have to meet on an icy highway so you can have a massive fistfight with 38 other dudes over a soccer rivalry that ends with hugs and handshakes. It just happens, okay?

Well, maybe it doesn't happen to you, but it happens in Russia. And when crazy shit goes down in Russia, there is almost always video involved.

According to The Moscow Times, this now-viral YouTube video depicts a melee between fans of the Moscow-based teams Spartak and Dynamo as they pummel one another into bloody pulps. The terms are fair, at least — 38 on each side, no weapons.

And then, after a good three minutes of fighting (that's actually a long time in a group fistfight) they help each other up and leave on good terms.

Why do they do this? Because tradition, the newspaper reports:

According to one of the participants of the brawl, Denis Tsarev, the fight was preplanned and the gangs are hoping to stage an even bloodier fight next time.

"We fight before every game between Spartak and Dynamo, we support our teams. This was not a very serious fight, next time we will fight until we are even more bloody," he told news site Znak.ru.

Never change, Russia.

I remember seeing documentary footage of something similar (long time ago). It was in Poland iirc and the police basically let the rowdy fans into a fenced in lot before the match, let them have at it til they felt they were done, then they went and watched the match. The idea the police had was to let these morons work out their aggression outside the stadium so folks could watch the actual match in peace.

Must be the Part of Russia that can see Canada.

Canada, Alaska... Whatever it takes.
upload_2014-10-28_15-11-11.jpeg

:grin:

I can actually see the appeal if you were that way inclined but I wonder if any of them have twigged that you could very easilly kill someone doing that.

Probably not :facepalm:

Also makes you wonder what ye olde battles must have been like... Imagine that going on akl day with thousands and all of them armed!!!!

Back