Rule #1 when owning a Mitsubishi...

jelloman

Couch'd Tater...
NEVER LOSE YOUR KEYS!

...especially if you have keyless engine start...

Transmitter fob...305.00
Valet blank...12.50
Programming fee...50.00

If you lose both sets the vehicle must be towed to a Mitsubishi dealership for reprogramming...

Knowing all of this, I swear Mitsu owners lose their keys at a faster rate than any other...I cut keys almost every day...

Yeah -- don't see too many these days...

NishizawasA6M32sm.jpg

Reactions: Tig
that's the same price that one merc key will run you, maybe its more now the last one I bought was 2 years ago. its pretty outrageous but what are you going to do?

NEVER LOSE YOUR KEYS!

Transmitter fob...305.00
Valet blank...12.50
Programming fee...50.00

If you lose both sets the vehicle must be towed to a Mitsubishi dealership for reprogramming...

Knowing all of this, I swear Mitsu owners lose their keys at a faster rate than any other...I cut keys almost every day...

Let me guess, the sequence to "program" said new keys is, put it in the ignition, turn it twice......honk the horn once....pull it back out, wait 5 seconds and you're done....thank you that will be $50, please.

(All the new ones are like that, just a series of stuff you have to do. You have to register the key with the car, you're really not "programming" anything.)

:)

Let me guess, the sequence to "program" said new keys is, put it in the ignition, turn it twice......honk the horn once....pull it back out, wait 5 seconds and you're done....thank you that will be $50, please.

(All the new ones are like that, just a series of stuff you have to do. You have to register the key with the car, you're really not "programming" anything.)

:)
Actually, no...with the latest models they need to go into the vehicle control module with a laptop interface, erase the keys from memory, put it into learn mode, do the key activation thing you describe, then register the new key ID with Mitsu..

I had a Mitsubishi Mighty Max years ago.
It was actually a pretty good little truck.

Not just Mitsubishi, but pretty much all manufacturer's fob keyless systems will cost hundreds to replace. The call it "advanced design".

NEVER LOSE YOUR KEYS!

Transmitter fob...305.00
Valet blank...12.50
Programming fee...50.00

Believe it or not that's cheap. It won't tell you what the wife key cost but there was a comma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That should be rule #2.

Rule #1 is: sell or trade it before it hits 60K miles. Unless it is a 4cyl, then it 's 30K miles.

:-D

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Back