Ruffage wars : round 1

Pick one

• Total voters

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
Ezekial 4:9 Almond Cereal vs Ryvita original crackers....

250g_Original.png

258_2.png

Neither excite me in the least.
I'm going with the crackers because they might be good in soups as shown on the box.

Well, I never eat cereal, and the Ezekial 4:9 bread I tried was terrible. It just happens that I had the Ryvita crackers with organic peanut butter for lunch today. My response was easy to figure.

Well, I never eat cereal, and the Ezekial 4:9 bread I tried was terrible. It just happens that I had the Ryvita crackers with organic peanut butter for lunch today. My response was easy to figure.
Ezekial bread is good stuff. What kind did you get and what bread do you normally buy? If you normally buy the orowheat type then it's probably because you are used to the Frankenfood....

Here's the list of ingrediants for Orowheat "whole wheat" "bread"....Note that Sugar is the thrid ingredient

WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, WATER, SUGAR, WHEAT GLUTEN, YEAST, SALT, SOYBEAN OIL, WHEAT BRAN, RAISIN JUICE CONCENTRATE, ENRICHMENT (CALCIUM SULFATE, VITAMIN E ACETATE, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN D3), CALCIUM PROPIONATE (PRESERVATIVE), CALCIUM SULFATE, DATEM AND/OR SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, GRAIN VINEGAR, CITRIC ACID, SOY LECITHIN, POTASSIUM IODATE.

and here is ezekial whole wheat....

Organic Sprouted Wheat, Filtered Water, Organic Sprouted Barley, Organic Sprouted Millet, Organic Malted Barley, Organic Sprouted Lentils, Organic Sprouted Soybeans, Organic Sprouted Spelt, Fresh Yeast, Organic Wheat Gluten, Sea Salt.

Hehe there is an Orowheat store 2 blocks away. I have never been there. I think their bread sucks.

Yes I am a bread snob.

Hehe there is an Orowheat store 2 blocks away. I have never been there. I think their bread sucks.

Yes I am a bread snob.

We did some work on a Sara Lee truck a few weeks back (engine rebuild) and he had like three carts of stuff he had to get rid of so he told us to take whatever we wanted. I took a loaf of bread because i didn't want to be a snob and hey it was free. it was the first time in a few months I had "frankenbread" needless to say next time I went to the store it was back to the sprouted bread.

I did a quick search and here is the Sara leen frankenbread......mmmmmmm:confused:

https://foodbabe.com/2014/02/24/healthiest-bread-on-the-market/

Slide1.jpg

Ezekial bread is good stuff. What kind did you get and what bread do you normally buy? If you normally buy the orowheat type then it's probably because you are used to the Frankenfood....
Since the heart attack I have been getting wraps and haven't eaten "bread". It was just too much bread. I'll stick with wraps and crackers, thanks. All I could imagine was being overloaded with carbs.

Since the heart attack I have been getting wraps and haven't eaten "bread". It was just too much bread. I'll stick with wraps and crackers, thanks. All I could imagine was being overloaded with carbs.
carb overload just makes you feel lile shit.

And makes upu hungry in a few hours.

carb overload just makes you feel lile shit.

And makes upu hungry in a few hours.

I eat a lot of bread and pasta because I'm a skinny fucker and haven't gained more than 5 lbs. since 1986...no lie. Since I went to primarily plant based/veggies/fruit and some fake meat, tofu I found I actually dropped a couple lbs and for me 2 lbs is enough i had to tighten the belt so i added more pasta and bread :wink: Maybe it's the fruit/veggies and fiber but I don't have the problem with feeling hungry later or energy. Also I used to get headaches at least a few times a week......that has pretty much dissapeared completely since change in diet. Even on highly stressful workdays when i used to get stress headaches....i haven't taken an aspirin in probably a month except for a couple weeks back when I had finger problem and sore back.

I eat a lot of bread and pasta because I'm a skinny fucker and haven't gained more than 5 lbs. since 1986...no lie. Since I went to primarily plant based/veggies/fruit and some fake meat, tofu I found I actually dropped a couple lbs and for me 2 lbs is enough i had to tighten the belt so i added more pasta and bread :wink: Maybe it's the fruit/veggies and fiber but I don't have the problem with feeling hungry later or energy. Also I used to get headaches at least a few times a week......that has pretty much dissapeared completely since change in diet. Even on highly stressful workdays when i used to get stress headaches....i haven't taken an aspirin in probably a month except for a couple weeks back when I had finger problem and sore back.
With the diabetes, I have to limit my carbs, so eating bread or pasta makes me nervous now.

I have seen corn pasta, not sure if that helps.
I have no idea how it tastes or cooks up.
To be honest, I really don't miss pasta. I hate tomato-based sauces so never ate spaghetti. I guess I do kinda miss mac and cheese, but not terribly much.

Reactions: DFB
To be honest, I really don't miss pasta. I hate tomato-based sauces so never ate spaghetti. I guess I do kinda miss mac and cheese, but not terribly much.
Well there is more to Italian cooking than tomato based sauces.

One of my staple side dishes is a garlic olive oil sauce.

Back