RTFM Again but on feedback this time

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
We used this acronym a lot when I worked in my hospital shop.

Well I am back playing more acoustic jams and solo gigs again where I either use the house PA or my PA floor monitor as an amp. After the last jam I kept tweaking my EQ to reduce a feedback frequency as well as turn on the AF (anti-feedback) control. The end result had me looking a few days later for maybe adding in a parametric eq to remove the unwanted frequency. After searching and realizing the costs....I better RTFM first.

RTFM - READ THE FUCKING MANUAL!!!

Little did I realize the power of my Fishman Aura Spectrum.

RTFM - READ THE FUCKING MANUAL AGAIN!!!

How often we forget about how an Instruction can unlock a world of wonders. The last time I read through it I breezed through the items I wanted to know. At that time, it was not about feedback.

So after reading into the Aura Spectum manual, I realize controls that I forgot or never really observed.

The Spectrum has a control that allows the user to switch between "global (system)" or "pickup" EQ. Well this dumbass didn't know that or probably forgot. Will now set to "global" for overall control of the EQ.

RTFM - READ THE FUCKING MANUAL AGAIN!!!

The AF control can store up to 3 different notch frequencies causing unwanted feedback.

So now just by reading the manual, the outlook of not buying another piece of equipment for feedback remains positive.

So whenever you are in doubt, my advice is to:

But...you're a man, and men don't read manuals. :helper:

And yeah, I've had a few facepalm moments with gear that would have been solved in no time by RTFM. :embarrassed:
Unless an older Roland manual though, which were all utterly indecipherable. :grin:

we use two acronyms like that.
RTFM for us equals "read the fucking menu".....in CAD at the bottom of the screen is the command line and often when you just can't get a function or command icon to work.....the problem is that YOU are not looking at the menu, it's asking you for some further information....like "diameter or radius"....etc.

the other one that i use a lot is RTFP....."read the fucking plans".......when we submit construction plans to clients (cities/counties) and they review and make comments.....you would be AMAZED at how many times they make comments about something missing from the plans. NO IT ISN'T......read the fucking plans instead of "skimming" over them......STUPID.

So, when you say the outlook of not buying another piece of equipment...remains positive, that means you're buying more equipment. Right?

Back