Roland Blues Cube - Robben Ford Tone Capsule

I used to play through a Blues Cube. It was nice for a SS amp. The tone capsule thing is interesting....

$700.00 for the 60 watt 1 x 12
$900.00 for the 820 watt 1 x 12
$1300.00 for the 2 x 12
And another $300.00 for the tone capsule.

That is pretty dang expensive for a SS amp that has no chance to hold it's value.

So - no longer interesting.

Last edited:
I used to play through a Blues Cube. It was nice for a SS amp. The tone capsule thing is interesting....

$700.00 for the 60 watt 1 x 12
$900.00 for the 820 watt 1 x 12
$1300.00 for the 2 x 12
And another $300.00 for the tone capsule.

That is pretty dang expensive for a SS amp that has no chance to hold it's value.

So - no longer interesting.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from; having said that, I did get a chance to try a Blues Cube Hot at SW last weekend. Sounds really good, about as close to tube as you're gonna get from a SS. $499 is not a bad street price for it, but frankly I would rather spring for a slightly-used DSL40c or Blues Deluxe.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from; having said that, I did get a chance to try a Blues Cube Hot at SW last weekend. Sounds really good, about as close to tube as you're gonna get from a SS. $499 is not a bad street price for it, but frankly I would rather spring for a slightly-used DSL40c or Blues Deluxe.

The $499 Blues Cube does not have the option to use the tone capsule if that is one of the goals. I do like that they are just trying to capture a great amp tone instead of all the modeling crap.

Back