Hot or Not? Robin Virtuoso

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
"The Stradivarius of guitars"

ho6vepam0ql5mznlfyp3.jpg

ROBIN-Virtuoso-Willie-Nelson-Headless-Guitar-ULTRA-_1.jpg

ROBIN-Virtuoso-Willie-Nelson-Headless-Guitar-ULTRA-_1.jpg

ULTRA RARE, one of a FEW EVER MADE.

Absolutely amazing ROBIN USA 'Virtuoso', only a few were built (literally) and all are slightly different, one went to Willie Nelson, who used it live and recording, and another can be seen in a Robin catalog of the early 1990s. UNBELIEVABLE CRAFTMANSHIP: neck thru AAA flamed maple construction, hollow body with F Holes, this is definitely beyond your run of the mill Steinberger/Strandberg/headless guitar. Please see pictures. Emg pickups, ultra rare and original Steinberger fixed bridge, weights only 6LBS 3OUNCES! plays great, sounds AMAZING. Are you looking for the ULTIMATE GUITAR ? Here is it : The Stradivarius of guitars. Original hardcase included

https://reverb.com/item/3018145-ult...uoso-headless-guitar-only-a-handful-ever-made

Fugly
Edit:
So after looking closer at this guitar, I think there are 3 things I dislike...
1) the F holes
2) the clownburst finish
3) the EMG pickups

Give me a solid body, painted black (or a different, more subdued burst finish) with a BKP Nailbomb in the bridge and we are in business.

Last edited:
I like it, but then again I like headless guitars & I like flame-topped guitars :embarrassed:

It would look better with a darker, more violin-like finish though.

I love the idea behind my small hollow bodied headless I have, if I hadn't screwed up in building, it would be my favourite guitar. The clown burst is not cool on this, but find me one in a transparent colour and I'd be all over it.

Fugly
Edit:
So after looking closer at this guitar, I think there are 3 things I dislike...
1) the F holes
2) the clownburst finish
3) the EMG pickups

Give me a solid body, painted black (or a different, more subdued burst finish) with a BKP Nailbomb in the bridge and we are in business.
this. also, add a tone knob.

Bah, who needs a tone knob? EVH never uses one, and he's a virtuoso :embarrassed:

Aren't there pots/knobs one could install where you'd have both the volume and tone on one post?

Bah, who needs a tone knob? EVH never uses one, and he's a virtuoso :embarrassed:

Aren't there pots/knobs one could install where you'd have both the volume and tone on one post?
Yes. It's a stacked type pot. I'm not sure how easy or convenient making adjustments would be but the option is out there.

One went to WIllie Nelson.....whom I'm sure plays it regularly. :rolleyes:

What a waste. Why give one to a guy who will never use it, has no use for it, and won't reach your target demographic? rolleyes1

One went to WIllie Nelson.....whom I'm sure plays it regularly. :rolleyes:

What a waste. Why give one to a guy who will never use it, has no use for it, and won't reach your target demographic? rolleyes1
Willie used to play headless electrics on occasion. I've seen pics of him playing live with his Robin and at least one other headless guitar (can't remember the maker atm).

It's probably been years since he's used the Robin though, if he even still has it.

Back