Question: Robert Plant tour

Deep Eddy

Argle Bargle or Foofaraw?
Robert Plant is playing a small theater here in Chicago in October. I'm really tempted to get tickets, but it doesn't look like he's touring with the Band of Joy this time. Anyone know anything about his new band?

i don't know which band he's touring with this fall.....but if he's running with "Strange Sensation".....it's a great show also.

I love Plant's post Zeppelin output, so I'd go see him regardless of his band. I love the various arrangements of his bands almost as much as I love the new arrangements of the Zeppelin. My favorite stuff though is the new stuff.

Borrowed from Amazon...

Robert Plant s 2014 album, lullaby and... The Ceaseless Roar, his label debut for Nonesuch/Warner Bros. Records, was produced by Plant and features 11 recordings, nine of which are original songs written by Plant with his band, The Sensational Space Shifters Justin Adams: bendirs, djembe, guitars, tehardant, background vocals; John Baggott: keyboards, loops, moog bass, piano, tabal, background vocals; Juldeh Camara: kologo, ritti, Fulani vocals; Billy Fuller: bass, drum programming, omnichord, upright bass; Dave Smith: drum set; and Liam "Skin" Tyson: banjo, guitar, background vocals.

lullaby and... The Ceaseless Roar is Plant s first record since 2010 s Band of Joy, which followed 2007 s six-time Grammy Award winning collaboration with Alison Krauss,Raising Sand. Justin Adams and John Baggott of The Sensational Space Shifters appeared on Plant s 2002 release Dreamland, while all but Camara and Smith appeared on 2005 s Mighty Rearranger. The 2014 line-up toured the world before recording lullaby and... The Ceaseless Roar at Helium Studios in Wiltshire and Real World Studios in Bath, UK. The track "Rainbow" was recorded in Contino Rooms in London. Tchad Blake mixed all but three tracks on the album.

"It s really a celebratory record, powerful, gritty, African, Trance meets Zep, " Plant says. "The whole impetus of my life as a singer has to be driven by a good brotherhood. I am very lucky to work with The Sensational Space Shifters. They come from exciting areas of contemporary music...I have been around awhile and I ask myself, do I have anything to say? Is there a song still inside me? In my heart? I see life and what s happening to me. Along the trail there are expectations, disappointments, happiness, questions and strong relationships, " Plant explains, "... and now I m able to express my feelings through melody, power and trance; together in a kaleidescope of sound, colour, and friendship."

He sounded great at the New Orleans Jazz Fest a few months ago. I don't remember what band was with him.

I remember on the Harmony Central boards there were an inordinate amount of folks that said they loved Led Zeppelin, but didn't like Plant's voice...saw him as the weak link. This hurts my brain, he's just a great vocalist and while the capabilities of his voice have changed he still does wonderful things. Things that literally no one else can do.

It's actually why the human voice is my favorite instrument, it's more nuanced than any other instrument. Even the best instrumental musicians fall just a the slightest bit short of the level of expression unique to the human voice.

I remember on the Harmony Central boards there were an inordinate amount of folks that said they loved Led Zeppelin, but didn't like Plant's voice...saw him as the weak link. This hurts my brain, he's just a great vocalist and while the capabilities of his voice have changed he still does wonderful things. Things that literally no one else can do.

It's actually why the human voice is my favorite instrument, it's more nuanced than any other instrument. Even the best instrumental musicians fall just a the slightest bit short of the level of expression unique to the human voice.

I have enjoy his voice and recent work much more than his sound in the Zep days.

Saw him last summer with his band The Sensational Space Shifters, and if they are together for this tour you should definitely see them. They are a tight group of really good musicians.

i saw him with the strange sensation, some years ago.....great performance. cool rhythmic things. here's the concert from sound stage.

Hell yeah! I need to check your dates.
I think I've tied RP with CSN as "act I've seen the most times live" now. Up to maybe 5 times or so. He's never failed to put on a great show.
The Plant/Page tour was incredible but I think I liked the Band of Joy show a couple of years ago even better.

Hell yeah! I need to check your dates.
I think I've tied RP with CSN as "act I've seen the most times live" now. Up to maybe 5 times or so. He's never failed to put on a great show.
The Plant/Page tour was incredible but I think I liked the Band of Joy show a couple of years ago even better.

I may be mistaken, but I don't think Plant is doing a big tour - at least in the US. That's my recollection from his website.

I may be mistaken, but I don't think Plant is doing a big tour - at least in the US. That's my recollection from his website.

Just looked. Pretty limited. Denver is as close as it gets. Would be a cool trip but that's too much cash to lay out for a show. One of the drawbacks to living in the boonies.

Back