Rise in number of female students?

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
Just curious to see how many of you have had a rise in the number of calls for female guitar students. Over the past couple of years I've always had one or two at a time, but in the last few months I'd say it's about a one female student for every two male students.

Is it a Taylor Swift thing? :embarrassed: Most of you have been teaching a lot longer than I have, so I was wondering what your F/M trends have been.

not really around here...it's about the same. For a while we had a disproportionate amount of female drum students, though.

not really around here...it's about the same. For a while we had a disproportionate amount of female drum students, though.

Did Sheila E make a comeback? :confused:

I really think it's a Taylor Swift thing. I was at GC yesterday and she even has a signature Big Baby model. I hate that *insert C-word here*'s music, but if she's inspiring kids to play that's a good thing.

No, I do. :tongue:

chrishansen.jpg

When I taught guitar around 87-88, my student ratio was about 25%. Of the 21 Students I had at one time, 5-6 were females with the remaining 15 male.

Back