RIP Terry Allen Hall

He and I go way back, starting on HCPP where we argued a bit, but in short order got along great with a lot of mutual respect. He also gave me some advice on guitar matters.

He was a good dude, and will be missed by many.

I'm shocked -- I didn't see this until now (Mark's FB post re: VOM1T). As a member of HCAG since 2000, I had many online discussions with him -- mostly about guitar, but some about politics (his and mine were at odds with a majority of the HCAG membership, so we sometimes took it offline.) I'm very sad to hear about this --

Terry and my political views were somewhat aligned, but we never let that stop us from arguing. ;-) Still, he never seemed to hold a grudge, and I found him impossible to hold a grudge against. TAH was a sweet man and I'm missing him already.

Didn't much think it necessary to baggage politics onto these forums so I tried to abstain. Terry, not so much and that's where we parted company. Otherwise, yea, it was mostly fun stuff. Come to think of it, being more a player and O-T'er, my own purpose on these forums is pretty obscure where at least Terry arrived time and time again properly oriented and dressed.

Terry had the post count to show for it too. For me, posting in HCPP was a marker for too much time on the internet. It always made the "Go Outside Now" sign go off in my head. ;-)

Back