RIP, Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Sucks.

I am seriously bummed.

I have the "chew bubble gum and kick ass" quote as a ring tone in my phone. Now every time I hear it, it's going to remind me he's gone.

RIP Rowdy!

Sucks..He was a cool dude in his kilt...

Tomorrow I'm going to my Dads b-day party and one thing we're doing is watch the UFC PPV event featuring Ronda Rousey..

People once suggested that Ronda take on the moniker 'Rowdy', but she wouldn't do it out of respect for Piper...

RIP............

Reactions: OGG
This truly bummed me out. Big fan of that era of wrestling. Also, his movie, They Live, one of my favorite cult classics.

Awww maaaaaan! Not Rowdy Roddy Piper!!!!

Loved him when I was a kid. High energy and obnoxious, like the Ultimate Warrior, but more tame.

Sucks to hear the news.

Sucks..He was a cool dude in his kilt...

Tomorrow I'm going to my Dads b-day party and one thing we're doing is watch the UFC PPV event featuring Ronda Rousey..

People once suggested that Ronda take on the moniker 'Rowdy', but she wouldn't do it out of respect for Piper...

RIP............

He gave her his blessing recently. Hope she keeps the name going forward.

RIP best heel ever.

That sucks. He was always one of my favorites. His feud with Superfly was my all time favorite. When he had him on Pipet's Pit with the coconuts that was awesome.

I haven't been a wresling fan since I was a kid, but, damn. :(

Same.

The only episode of celebrity wife swap I've ever seen had the Pipers (and Flairs) on it and he seemed like a genuniely nice guy w/ a huge heart.

roddy-piper.png

RIP

UFC PPV event featuring Ronda Rousey..

She is referred to as Rowdy Ronda Rousey all of the time. I have seen her wearing shirts that say "Rowdy" and her official UFC profile has her as "Rowdy Ronda Rousey"...so, I think she has taken on the moniker.

That aside, RIP Mr Piper. You were a funny and entertaining dude. I loved the movie "They Live".

Back