RIP Jack Bruce

My browser warned me about clicking on the jack bruce website, said it had malicious malware on it? idn_smilie

Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker had a lifetime love/hate relationship but were magical when they played together. I was fortunate to have seen JB live back in 1972 with West, Bruce & Laing. He was playing the very same Cream SG bass thru those Marshall stacks.

this video is kind of a trainwreck, but it always makes me laugh and i could use that right about now.

CNN is reporting his passing. Cream, Hendrix, and Led Zep were the main reasons I played rock.

Bye Jack and thank you.

Cream set the musical standard for me. I quickly came to expect (or assume that) a guitarist to (should) be as good as Eric, bassist as good as Jack, and drummer as good as Baker...I had no clue initially how uniquely great they all were and how rare for three such amazing musicians to be a band. Add to that the excellent vocals of Bruce and solid and quickly developing voice of Clapton.

I would have thought Ginger would have given his final bow years ago. Jack's passing is a shock.

Back