RIP Cynthia Lennon

Rick 381

Boob Enthusiast
Cynthia Lennon died of cancer today.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...hia-lennon-dead-at-75/ar-AAajsoM?ocid=U147DHP

casbah_club.jpg

Rare shot of Cyn when she was still a brunette

RIP and condolences to her family.

I'm thinking that's really about all this thread needs to contain. Other matters might be better suited to another time and place.

I'm thinking that's really about all this thread needs to contain. Other matters might be better suited to another time and place.

Yeah, I think you're right about that.

I read CLs bio of Lennon a couple of years ago. Great musician & composer of pop music, but an awful husband & father.It's a very interesting read:

the-beatles-john-lennon-cynthia-lennon-and-yoko-ono-49f35.jpg

I have the GB version of that book, different cover, I got through Julian signed by Cynthia.

Reactions: Tig

Yeaaaah. A minor celebrity died who was once married to John Lennon. You're talking as if a forumite died or a thread about someone's parent who posts here or something.

As if threads about celebrity deaths here don't always involve discussion about their lives. Why are you speaking as if Cynthia Lennon of all people is some protected person? Get real. I didn't realize John Lennon and his ilk were considered discussion of religion here, what with him being a deity and all.

Yeaaaah. A minor celebrity died who was once married to John Lennon. You're talking as if a forumite died or a thread about someone's parent who posts here or something.

As if threads about celebrity deaths here don't always involve discussion about their lives. Why are you speaking as if Cynthia Lennon of all people is some protected person? Get real. I didn't realize John Lennon and his ilk were considered discussion of religion here, what with him being a deity and all.

The point. You've missed it.

The point. You've missed it.

Nope. Although I understand every other post on this forum is a trigger where someone has to mash the "report post" button.

Let's all join a discussion forum then actively avoid discussing anything! Fascinating.

lunchpicture.jpg

John Lennon admitted that he had not always been the nicest person. I don't know if he ever got any real therapy (I'm not a fan of Primal Scream), but I think one reason he focused on peace was his own desire to have peace in his life as well as the world. Looking at his childhood one could see where the anger and rage came from, and I am sure sudden uber-celebrity did nothing to make life more manageable.

Abuse is never okay, but some do eventually come to deal with it and find new ways of dealing with life. While we may never know for sure, it would seem like the final years of John's life were more peaceful.

Um, I don't know you, I can't say I have any recollection ever interacting with you, and I certainly never mashed the report button on you or anyone else.

I just thought it would be more appropriate to discuss other topics in threads based on those topics (which you are free to create) rather than in a respectful thread noting the passing of someone.

Simple as that.

Fuck me right?

Anyway, the derailment is now complete. You can return to your regularly scheduled activities.

Um, I don't know you, I can't say I have any recollection ever interacting with you, and I certainly never mashed the report button on you or anyone else.

I just thought it would be more appropriate to discuss other topics in threads based on those topics (which you are free to create) rather than in a respectful thread noting the passing of someone.

Simple as that.

Fuck me right?

Anyway, the derailment is now complete. You can return to your regularly scheduled activities.

It's a discussion forum. We're discussing something. Simple as that. No one is "disrespecting" Cynthia Lennon by talking about her life. Did you know her personally? Did she hang out with Jason Mraz?

OldGothGuy, arbiter of discussion topics, eater of galaxies.

2bba755a449d1c55beccd52c8a296a58.jpg

Interesting RIP thread stirthepot

I think the parallels between Galactus and John Lennon are simply there for the taking, if just, you know, we take the time to discuss them.

Was Yoko his Silver Surfer, for instance?

Back