Rickenbasser?

My daughter is part of a choir at her middle school, and my son has just joined a young mens' singing group this fall, also through his high school. Attended a performance last night. The high school girls were both excellent, and also featured a young woman playing this bass while also soloing vocally. Pretty cool to liven up the choir thing, and it looks like a pretty cool bass. Anyone ever play one? BTW, she appears to have the same bass amp I do, and don't use nearly enough.

37c30d08fcb5f5d08bbfde86cb3de4b7.jpg

5b1ac26bd016b44035b6c7de8084eee7.jpg

f9e0e8a91721f1feeba1db9476e6b629.jpg

My brother used to have one in black; he absolutely loved it. Had to sell it once and then bought another when he could. He said it was the best bass he ever played.

The 4001 was practically an industry standard bass for rock...just about every famous bassist in rock used one at one time, from the Beatles to Yes to Motorhead, dozens of the most famous bassists used it for a big chuck of their career.

By comparison, the 4003 is OK, but Rick no longer makes a real horseshoe PU like they did in the 4001 days (actually, they dropped the horseshoe long during the 4001 days).

Last edited:
Back