Richard Thompson is the greatest strat player that has ever lived

Ah yes, the Randy Rhoads effect.

But I feel that's the case with his live sound as well.

Yeah. I can't even make the case for that being a "good tone" within the framework of the song. I liked his playing, but geez, it was like a speaker coughing up a lung.

I mean, May used Strat pickups from some British knock off (Burns) on his guitar, so maybe that's the thread connection?

Oh, and you need a thin and shrill tone when you're going to quadruple track it every. damn. time. :embarrassed:

Except his pickups were fatter and wound to a somewhat higher output than regular strat pickups. They were also wired in series instead of parallel, thereby mitigating the middle pickup failboatness. They kinda look like strat pickups, but that's about it.

Except his pickups were fatter and wound to a somewhat higher output than regular strat pickups. They were also wired in series instead of parallel, thereby mitigating the middle pickup failboatness. They kinda look like strat pickups, but that's about it.

There you go; TP is out of bounds and his comments in this thread are to be removed from the forum.

Nice, but it's no Wangcaster.

wangcaster.jpg

Back