Richard Thompson is the greatest strat player that has ever lived

Christophe_Chris_13832980_Max-compressed.jpg

I do like Richard Thompson, there was some documentary of PBS (I think) a few years back about some documentary a guy was doing about bears and Richard Thompson was doing the music to it, was really great to watch and just hear how tasteful he was at putting the music to the scenes was really interesting.

On a side note, I'd still say Jeff Beck is the best Strat, Tele, Les Paul, whatever player there is.

On a side note, I'd still say Jeff Beck is the best Strat, Tele, Les Paul, whatever player there is.

When you get to this level, how do you determine "best"? Hendrix, Beck and Thompson are/were all masters of their domain, and could do things the others couldn't.

I mean, except Ted Nugent. He is clearly the best guitarist to have ever lived.

That was a very cool solo, BUT you have to more precise about where is starts! I had to listen to three seconds of Thompson singing and I greatly dislike his voice. It is the reason I don't listen to his music. Were he an instrumentalist or sideman...basically if he didn't sing I'd be all over his music, but he does and I find his voice uber grating.

What's worse , and I should have known better, is that I skipped to 3:25 seconds hoping it was an instrumental, so that's eight seconds...do you know the damage that eight seconds of Thompson's voice can do to a person? It starts filling them with delusions of his grandeur. These poor souls endlessly prattle on about his "greatness" and "superiority" to others that are at least his equals or possible superiors. It's a terrible affliction from which there seems no reprieve.

Back