Rhoney Gamma Gold Metallic Paramour

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://www.destroyallguitars.com/component/hikashop/item/1345-rhoney-gamma-gold-metallic-paramour

$3,750.00

item is in stock

DESCRIPTION:
The Rhoney Paramour guitars are not for the faint of heart, and this one is no exception. With a sleek contoured body, complimented by some of the best pickups and hardware on the market, this guitar could very well be a game changer.

The offset is back! In a huge way, we're seeing more and more surf inspired instruments hit the mainstream. Originally designed to be Rhoney's version of their favorite bolt-neck offset guitar, the Paramour has found new life as an extended range instrument.

PARAMOUR 6-STRING MODELS
Rhoney really doesn't draw many limits around the Paramour and what they can or can't do with it. This process of letting go of limitations really speaks to allowing the instrument to become an inspirational piece to your music. You'll never see anything less than top quality woods, craftsmanship, and components on a Paramour, but the sheer variety of configurations possible is staggering.

SPECS:
- Gamma gold metallic finish
- Maple neck
- Swamp ash body
- Indian rosewood fretboard
- Black headstock veneer
- Genuine celluloid tort pickguard
- 22 Jescar FW47095NS frets
- 25-1/2" scale length

- 1-11/16" nut width
- Medium-thin low-shoulder C neck profile
- Mastery bridge and vibrato
- Hipshot Classic open gear tuners
- Roadhouse Kingston neck and Super Alnico bridge pickups
- CTS pots, Switchcraft jack, Mallory capacitor
- Includes hard shell case

PRICING INFO:
- $3,750.00

As off-sets go this one has a particularly nice profile. I like the unique take on the obvious influence. The pickguard works with the historical off-set aesthetic, but I don't care for it. Nice color.

Nice guitar. Is it just me (perhaps Doug can answer this one), but for anything over $2500, shouldn't they use stainless steel frets?

I usually love his stuff (and it has a Mastery Vibrato) but this one is just ok.

Nice guitar. Is it just me (perhaps Doug can answer this one), but for anything over $2500, shouldn't they use stainless steel frets?
I don't know if you're paying more for frets or for the wear and tear on tools with SS frets.

Who writes the ad copy for this stuff? "...not for the faint of heart". "...could very well be a game changer". Really?
I like the shape and the appointments. Generally not a big goldflake finish fan. Also, I don't like the pickguard. It doesn't compliment the body lines very well on the top.

Back