Hot or Not? RGKP6 and SRKP6

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
Oct14_LNU_Ibanez_kaoss_guitar_Bass_WEB.jpg

RGKP6_WK_1P_01.png

RGKP6_WK_1P_01_CU_Body_Top.jpg

RGKP6_WK_1P_01_CU_Body_Back.jpg

Known as an industry leader in creating innovative high-end performance guitars as well as affordable, genre-influenced instruments, Ibanez takes on the world of electronic music with the introduction of the new RGKP6 and SRKP4 Korg mini kaoss pad 2s equipped guitar and bass. The head-turning street price is expected to be in the neighborhood of $400.

Each model includes a built-in/detachable Korg mini kaoss pad 2s to create a unique hybrid instrument that offers guitarists and bassists endless opportunities to incorporate the dynamic effects of Electronic music into their performance. This detachable “fast-swap” design is ready to accept new generations of Kaoss technology, guaranteeing these instruments will remain relevant. And while the musical possibilities are daunting, the mechanics of these state-of-the-art machines are surprisingly simple.

Located directly in the path of the picking hand, the Kaoss Pad 2S puts 100 effect programs within the reach of a finger for seamless, “real-time” manipulation. Other Kaoss features include a synthesizer, a built-in mp3 player, and a digital recorder to capture performances. Guitarists and bassists will appreciate the way the Mini Kaoss Pad 2S integrates with the RG guitar and SR bass, implementing elements such as built-in gain/distortion, an effect bypass toggle, and a 1/8” headphone jack for private jam sessions.

Junji Hotta, Ibanez USA Guitar Product Manager comments: “I’m sure we weren’t the only custom shop to experiment with this concept, but the challenge for the Ibanez team was: Can we turn it into a musically inviting, yet accessible guitar and bass? Everyone who has spent a few minutes playing one tells us we succeeded on both accounts, in a way that only Ibanez can.”

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_...&cat_id=1&series_id=33&data_id=296&color=CL01

Videos on the site above.

I would make mocking comments about how stupid this is...

...except that I've played with my son's mini-Kaossillator and considered doing something very similar.

I dunno. I guess it would be cool to record with. For an amateur musician who doesn't have a lot of dough to invest in a nice studio setup.

Perfect for the dorm-room laptop warrior!

Do replacement necks for Ibbys exist? Like from Warmoth and the like?

I really like this but I want nothing to do with that neck.

When I first saw these I laughed. But now I’ve warmed up to them. But they don’t have neck pickups, so they’re not for me.

Back