Hot or Not? reverend sensei hb

sleewell

Kick Henry Jackassowski
reverend_set_neck_sensei_hb_fm_tobacco_burst_fm_electric_guitar_1440060-4.jpg

reverend_set_neck_sensei_hb_fm_tobacco_burst_fm_electric_guitar_1440060-1.jpg

reverend_set_neck_sensei_hb_fm_tobacco_burst_fm_electric_guitar_1440060-2.jpg

Specs

• Korina Body (also known as white limba)
  • Medium Oval 3-Piece Korina Set Neck
  • Rosewood Fretboard - 12" Radius
  • White Pearloid Inlays
  • 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
  • Custom Made Reverend Special H Pickups
  • Controls: Volume, Tone, Bass Contour, 3-Way Selector Switch
  • Tune-O-Matic Stoptail Bridge
  • Graphite Nut - 42mm
  • Reverend Pin-Lock Locking Tuners
  • Black Pickguard
  • Dual-Action Truss Rod
  • Scale Length 24 3/4"

I'm thinking this might be my next guitar...

Has anyone played one?

I vastly prefer the version that Jbird has (just a different finish, but one that I like a lot), but from what I understand and have heard? Killer guitar. I also like this one:

1421516800sensei_ra_fm_GFMWR_main.png

It's like and offset, flattop SG2000...dreamy.

Oh, and every time I go the Reverend site, I swear my next guitar will be a Reverend. So many cool options.

It’s a very cool guitar. But I’d rather get a big heavy Yamaha SG with volume/volume/tone/tone knobs.

I guess if I was looking for a two-humbucker guitar that evokes elements of a Les Paul and an SG without incurring the wrath of Gibson's Legal Department, that would be a good start.

Not bad. It's too bad there are no Reverend dealers in the San Jose vacinity. There's never been a live sighting of a Reverend guitar around here...

I really like my Sensei HB. Nice low action and the pickups are very quiet and sound great. They are ceramic magnets, and the pickups are a bit hotter than vintage (I'm thinking 13K+ for the bridge pickup?) With my high-gain EVH III mini head, it has just a little too much treble for my ears, so I tend to roll the tone knob down just a bit. Maybe from full on '10' to a 9 or 8, position wise.

If you get the Sensei RA with the rail hammers, the pickup magnets are alnico instead of ceramic, if that makes any difference. I've read stuff online where gear snobs have stated that ceramic magnets are cheap and sound like poo, but those Sensei HB pickups are great, imo. I would bet most people wouldn't know any difference.

Fretwork is excellent, the nut is set just a wee bit too low though, so playing unplugged I can hear the strings hit the first fret on open chords. I don't really notice it plugged in though, so I've left it as is. Some day I wanna try an Earvana nut, and this guitar will probably be the candidate.

Ive never played a Rev. It looks good. I'd try it out.

<<<<<It’s a very cool guitar. But I’d rather get a big heavy Yamaha SG with volume/volume/tone/tone knobs.>>>>>

We think alike.

<<<<I like it, but it probably wouldn't be the first Reverend I chose.>>>>

Likewise.

Back