Dig it! Reverend Basses Reappearing in January

Discussion in 'Guitars, Guitars Guitars!' started by reverend1, Dec 1, 2010.

Dec 1, 2010
  1. reverend1 n00b

Reverend just made the upcoming line of basses public today so I thought I could share with the class. I'll post pics on Sat. When I get back from the Circle R Ranch.
    :lol:

2. Dec 1, 2010
  3. Mark Wein :mad:

4. Dec 2, 2010
  5. Johnny N. n00b

See if they are working on that Hinson/Double Agent morph we asked for. :aok:

6. Dec 2, 2010
  7. reverend1 n00b

:D

Ken did tell me that they are working on a straight Tele model with Pete Anderson. I'm not sure what else I'll find up there but I'll let everyone know on Saturday. If I'm not sworn to secrecy.

8. Dec 2, 2010
  9. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

Club King 30" scale. :eek:

i want pics and prices.

10. Dec 2, 2010
  11. reverend1 n00b

Available in sunburt or transparent orange if the rumours are true.

12. Dec 2, 2010
  13. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

2 tone or 3 tone burst?

any other short scale basses?

14. Dec 2, 2010
  15. Kerouac weird musical dildo

Ooh.... orange would be killer.

Dunno if I'd like a short-scale though. I'm not particularly happy with any of my current bass sounds, so it might be something to consider.

16. Dec 2, 2010
  17. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

what basses do you have now?

18. Dec 2, 2010
  19. Kerouac weird musical dildo

Squier Vintahe Mod Jazz w/Flatwounds (I like this one best)
    90's Alvarez (plays amazingly but is pretty dam bright)
    90's BC Rich Warlock (currently on loan to a friend)
    80's BC Rich Warlock w/ Khaler trem (sounds alright, plays alright... was a gift from my brother-in-law)

20. Dec 2, 2010
  21. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

you could probably use a different pot value on the Alvarez to cut the brightness. give back that 90s BC Rich though.

22. Dec 2, 2010
  23. Kerouac weird musical dildo

You mean the 80's BC Rich? The 90's one is on loan TO a friend. It's from my high school metal band days and had 24 frets for my bass solo. :facepalm:

Alvarez was my first bass so there are a lot of scars and memories on that one. A new set of pups and pots would probably be a great idea. It has reverse P/J configuration.

Oh and I forgot about my Ibanez 5-string... Luigi's been using that on his album and so has Aaron.

I want a bass tone somewhere between these two songs:

I think the flatwounds were a step in the right direction for the bottom track, but I've always been really picky about bass tones.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
  24. Dec 2, 2010
  25. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

no, i meant the 90s BC Rich. let him keep it as long as he likes. offer to let him buy it from you. cheap.

you might actually like a Precision.

26. Dec 2, 2010
  27. Kerouac weird musical dildo

Hate to admit it, but I've never owned one. I was looking at them for awhile though and was furiously checking HC and CL for a LPB one... :love:

28. Dec 2, 2010
  29. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

i prefer them over just about every other bass.

30. Dec 2, 2010
  31. Mark Wein :mad:

The thing with a P-Bass is that even a cheap one will sound good. With the P/J pickup configuration it's also hard to lose...

32. Dec 2, 2010
  33. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

i hate the P/J configuration. all it does is introduce hum and high end. neither of which a bass needs.

34. Dec 2, 2010
  35. Mark Wein :mad:

I don't seen to have that issue, and mine is a pretty cheap bass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36. Dec 2, 2010
  37. Kerouac weird musical dildo

Which is probably part of the issue in my basses.

The SX P at LMA is pretty damn good. Aaron bought a Lakland and after they'd both been set-up and we thoroughly played them we noticed a difference in the feel and a small improvement in the tone but not big enough of a difference to be worth $2k more, in our minds at least.

38. Dec 2, 2010
  39. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

still thinking about this short scale Club King. which is good. means my interest is peaked. i hope it doesn't suck.