Reverb (the website) - Anyone here use it?

GreatDane

"up yours, baby."
I'm thinking of selling on Reverb. The fees are considerably less than on eBay (3.5% vs. 10%). Has anyone here used it to buy and/or sell used gear?

I'm interested in hearing all about your experiences on the site; particularly if you sold something. eBay scares me these days because of how pro-buyer and anti-seller the site has become over the years, as well as the high costs of doing business on the site between eBay/Paypal.

I have fished around on that site but never won anything. There seems to be some deals but not the deal yet for me. There are a lot of sweet ES-120t's on there and ultimately that will be the first guitar I grab from the site I believe...

I've tried selling but usually sold on the forum before I got a good deal. Some of the other guys have had pretty good luck there though.

I bought a "boutique" footswitch for my Peavey Classic 30 and an MXR Super Badass Distortion through Reverb recently. Both are obviously small $ items, but I was very pleased with the ease of the transactions. I used my CC through PayPal to pay both times. No issues.

What I thought was interesting was the email contact from Reverb employees after each of the transactions checking to see if everything went OK and asking if I had any suggestions for improving the site.

I haven't used it for selling, but I did buy my Schecter Jazz 7, 7-string on Reverb.com. I was pretty sartisfied with the experience.

I've sold a few guitars, pedals, and misc. guitar parts on Reverb.com com with great success. Easy transactions, very friendly buyers, reasonable fees. My normal order of operations for selling things now is: 1) list on a couple of forums; 2) put on reverb.com if there are no bites on the forums for a few days; 3) use eBay as a last resort if I get nothing via forums and Reverb. I've sold everything within a week or two that way at reasonable prices.

There is a lot of stuff on Reverb that is overpriced and never sells.

I've bought a few things on there. All good experiences. My singer has sold a few things on there. He thought it was very smooth dealing on there.

I just started listing guitars on there (being this is the first time we've had inventory in two years). Was painless to get setup and I really like their overall format.

We will see if anything sells but why not.

i just created my "store front" and listed 11 guitars. that was painless. i love the interface; particularly the image upload (drag and drop FTW!). seems pretty low-risk - i'll only pay if something sells and they cap their fees which i think is admirable.

click on the banner in my sig to see the store front. again, not intentionally spamming y'all. if it's offensive, Mark, let me know and I'll pull it.

Ben, that R9 just gave me a massive guitboner... Then I cried because purchasing that would set my bank account over $4K overdrawn.

Add me to the Reverb ''thumbs-up" list. I listed 10 things and had success on 7 of them. Good selling prices, and no issues with the buyers. Keeps me away from EBay for the most part.

Back