Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

I'm beginning to think working in ASN and my time out in Saudi has spoilt me.

I ended up doing a shift in a mainstream school today and the head of department was telling me about the classes I'd be taking.

Period 3 will be nice and easy, it's a tiny little class.

Tiny to her = 23 kids.

The most I've taught in my ASN school this year is 7.

I must admit it was fun getting to play the baddy for the first time in ages.

"I work on the basis of mutual respect, if you do what I say and show me respect then you've nothing to worry about. If however your decide not to show WHY ARE YOU CHEWING GUM IN MY CLASS BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :grin:

Puts the fear into them every time :embarrassed:

I don't think he's being selfless though, he's on the BBC after all.

I don't seem to like happy people that much. well I do but I mean…

Have you ever been in front of a church or cathedral when theres been some kind of youth meeting and theres hundreds of Christian types stood around singing or strumming guitars or trying to give you a leaflet? well they're always all really happy and for some reason this gives me an urge to want to attack them all.

I don't think he's being selfless though, he's on the BBC after all.

I don't seem to like happy people that much. well I do but I mean…

Have you ever been in front of a church or cathedral when theres been some kind of youth meeting and theres hundreds of Christian types stood around singing or strumming guitars or trying to give you a leaflet? well they're always all really happy and for some reason this gives me an urge to want to attack them all.

Ah I saw that tit last night harping on.

I thought hmmm this sounds quite interesting. I thought he was going to say he'd donated a kidney, bought an old dear a new boiler or lifted a burning car to save a trapped baby seal.

No

He was going on like "yah and I uh like, someone dropped their shopping and I totally helped them pick it up and once this guy was needing to make a phone call and I borrowed him my phone and I like help old people across the road and stuff."

FUCK ME is that newsworthy?

I put my neighbour's bin back in because I get in from work before them on a Thursday, who do I get onto at the BBC about that?

I'm all for random acts of kindness but don't be all self righteous (and even worse, self aware) about it when you're no more than any ordinary, decent person except self publicising it.

You may have noticed my posts have been fairly antagonistic and virtiolic in recent days.

Well the official time frame for marking the national assignments kicks off tomorrow so prepare yourself for how uptight I'm going to be in the coming weeks if I actually get the chance to log on in between crushing the dreams of the feckless yoof.

That's what you told the Mrs anyway. :grin:

You're assuming I told her anything.

It won't be here for a few weeks probably, as it's coming from a Japanese auction site through a forwarder.

It's a late 80s black Fernandes Strat that is exactly the same as the one I got new when I was 17 and then sold in the late 90s when I was living in the Basque Country (stupid, stupid boy). I've been looking for one for a good while, but there aren't that many around. In fact I've never seen one outside of Japan.

I'll post some pics when it arrives.

Evening folk who have better things to be doing than marking papers and inputing scores online on a Friday night :embarrassed:

We've actually to do 8 test papers before we're allowed to start marking our scripts. You need to get 5 out of 8 within a certain tolerance of the marks - 1st one MAJOR FAIL :/

It wasn't a great start but the team leader (who can actually see what we're all doing and how we're all getting on with it #bigbrotheriswatching ) phoned to tell me he'd seen it but it was a really tricky one and no one that's tried it has passed yet. Which begs the question, why have that as the 1st one?

I've passed the next 2 so if I manage to pass another 3 I can piss off to the boozer without feeling guilty :grin:

Oi youse Euros.
What is the name of the song I hear in all Brit football games?
That sing songy one that the fans sing.

Back