Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

Tension mounts in huge_towers: I found on eBay the perfect retirement gift for my best cricketing pal who has just announced the hanging up of his boots, but after days of being the only bidder, some other bastard has had the temerity to jump in. Auction ends in just under two hours, and I want it badly...
... but not badly enough, apparently. :cry: Still; it's the thought that counts. :embarrassed:
$_12.JPG

So my no drinking until Tough Mudder (10 odd weeks) policy lasted less than 4 days :grin: :facepalm:

I am on holiday right enough and have been training for it so fuck it, refreshing lager beers shall be enjoyed whilst I finish off my skip bench (which is looking awesome)

I'm actually very much on top of my huge "shit to do" list - maybe there's something to be said about sensible holiday drinking instead of getting rattled in the pub???

Pardon the ignorance but what am I looking at huge?
Only a (should-be-)committed lifelong cricket nutter will truly understand. It's a kid's game upon which an enormous amount of time has been wasted.
Adolf Hitler: stumped The Mekon, bowled Dennis the Menace 0 :eek: I was there.

Only a (should-be-)committed lifelong cricket nutter will truly understand. It's a kid's game upon which an enormous amount of time has been wasted.
Adolf Hitler: stumped The Mekon, bowled Dennis the Menace 0 :eek: I was there.

From the article:

The game is usually played between two players, but can be played alone.

I now have a picture of youngHuge in his bedroom on a Saturday afternoon rolling 2 cricket dice thing against himself :embarrassed:

Loads of those on ebay, huge. Just stick "owzthat" into the search criteria.
Yep, there are plenty of them to be had. The one that I bid on simply went for more than I considered the joke to be worth. I may try for another.
@jbj - a more accurate picture would be sat in double maths, and using pencils, my dice having been confiscated by Mad Bloxham, the history master.

Alright benders, thought I'd do my annual check in to this place :Wave:how is everyone doing? my first house move has all calmed down now so I can finally get back to playing guitar properly again so expect to see me around here a bit more I guess :embarrassed:

oh and pics of my new guitar room incoming when i get home tonight, its looking good so far!

Last edited:
Reactions: jbj
I've been really fucking busy at work. :embarrassed:

Early shift kills after a weekend of drinking and gigging as well, so think I'll need a nap. :embarrassed:

Me and a bud didnt even last in the pub until chucking out time on Saturday night.

In retrospect hammering the double whiskys when the boozer pours 35ml measures (and generous ones at that) probably didn't do us any favours. It certainly didn't make yesterday much fun.

Yet here I am with a can of beer pondering whether to tidy up the office and get my tax for last month done or just give up on the whole day and go back to the pub :embarrassed:

Me and a bud didnt even last in the pub until chucking out time on Saturday night.

In retrospect hammering the double whiskys when the boozer pours 35ml measures (and generous ones at that) probably didn't do us any favours. It certainly didn't make yesterday much fun.

Yet here I am with a can of beer pondering whether to tidy up the office and get my tax for last month done or just give up on the whole day and go back to the pub :embarrassed:

There was definitely a case of too much whisky for myself on Friday. Took some time to get going rest of the weekend. :embarrassed:
And of course I had to celebrate yesterday's football win over Citeh a bit as well...:facepalm:

I have been painting again and working in the garden, cutting the grass and weeding. I fucking hate cutting the grass, but the cold beer tastes so much more satisfying after doing thankless chores :embarrassed:

Back