Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste the stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it. :embarrassed:

DB5vD29UAAA_9fh.jpg

Reactions: wok
wave0

Afternoon all.

Getting out of work early today to take my son to the orthodontist to get his brace checked. :thu:
Having to work up extra time to cover it tomorrow. :(

wave0

Afternoon all.

Getting out of work early today to take my son to the orthodontist to get his brace checked. :thu:
Having to work up extra time to cover it tomorrow. :(

My work has already gone full christmas :facepalm:

Got work christmas night in some swanky place in Edinburgh. It’s all everyone talks about. I feel like such a Scrooge

My work has already gone full christmas :facepalm:

Got work christmas night in some swanky place in Edinburgh. It’s all everyone talks about. I feel like such a Scrooge
Where abouts?

My work Christmas night out is in the East Kilbride holiday inn with a take that tribute.

I'll be earning a few mortgage payments in town doing a gig for a car finance firm's party :embarrassed:

On my way to Edinburgh for xmas work night out.

Cancelled trains, freezing temperatures... to be entirely honest, i’d rather be in my bed watching a film with a nice Leffe

Absolutely Baltic here... So wanted to stay in my bed this morning. Instead, scraping the windshield in subzero temperatures... :(

My car clocked -9 when I started it up this morning :'(

On the upside, I've managed to wangle a full day off after me and my brother go to Idlewild next week and also the 1st day back after the Christmas break :grin: :embarrassed:

Many refreshing lager beers shall be consumed.

Afternoon all. wave0

Saw Queen with Adam Lambert in Manchester on Saturday night. Damn good gig!

Driving back to Somerset on Sunday was interesting however. Saw a jack knifed lorry on the side of the M6, the services on the M6 toll were shut due to a car on its roof that had obviously overturned trying to avoid the coach that couldn't get up the slip road and had fallen off it to ditch. :eek:

Walked to the local newsagent this evening. Nearly slipped and fell on my arse a couple of times.

Wet & frosty =/= good combination

Walked to the local newsagent this evening. Nearly slipped and fell on my arse a couple of times.

Wet & frosty =/= good combination
Same here... It snowed about 10cm during the day yesterday, then was about +2 at night, frost again in the morning. Everything is now covered with about 2cm of hard ice. Walking around with my still not entirely trustworthy ankle is an adventure to say the least :embarrassed:

Same here... It snowed about 10cm during the day yesterday, then was about +2 at night, frost again in the morning. Everything is now covered with about 2cm of hard ice. Walking around with my still not entirely trustworthy ankle is an adventure to say the least :embarrassed:

Time to get the spikes out?

Funny thing is, it didnt feel that cold, and it didnt look there was any ice, just ypur average Scottish dreary wet evening.

I'm sick to death of reading posts from people who have full healthcare benefits, interest-free student loans and generous vacation plans. You guys need to be more self-reliant like us 'murricans!

Damn commies! stirthepot

I'm sick to death of reading posts from people who have full healthcare benefits, interest-free student loans and generous vacation plans. You guys need to be more self-reliant like us 'murricans!

Damn commies! stirthepot

Hey now, I only have 12ish weeks holiday per year, I get fucked something like 1 or 2% on my student loan and the NHS has only, quite literally, saved my life once buddy :mad: :shrug:

Speaking of perfidious Euro-land. I'm sitting on some committee thing next week that is dealing with the upcoming Scottish Education Bill: Wok, your daughters futures is in my hands but fear not, I'll fight for a robust curriculum of Springsteen tunes and refreshing lager beers. :thu:

Damn commies! stirthepot

Don’t worry, the UK is on its way to become the 51st US state, complete with extortionate private healthcare and education

Back