Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

Worst day ever. A car crash in more than one ways.

:cry:

First I had a minor car crash, which is going to cost me. This also means I have to postpone plans to move to Edinburgh.

Second I screwed things up with new now-no-longer-girlfriend. My own fault, but no way back.

From summer of love to autumn misery :cry:

Ah fuck man... said something wrong or did something stupid?

Mojo, hope things start looking up for you soon, seems like you're being overloaded with shite lately.

Ah fuck man... said something wrong or did something stupid?

Mojo, hope things start looking up for you soon, seems like you're being overloaded with shite lately.

Yep, i lied about moving out when we first met, because who would go out with someone who still lives with his ex right?

So all went fantastic and We got on like a house on fire until I stupidly thought it would be better to tell her. She didnt take it too well.

We tried after that but it wasnt the same and I didnt know how to fix it. In fact, I probably caused it to break down completely

Yep, i lied about moving out when we first met, because who would go out with someone who still lives with his ex right?

So all went fantastic and We got on like a house on fire until I stupidly thought it would be better to tell her. She didnt take it too well.

We tried after that but it wasnt the same and I didnt know how to fix it. In fact, I probably caused it to break down completely

To be fair that's more on her than you - it's not like it's a horrible, I totally didn't bang a 70 year old hooker on Simmo's stag do type lie to come out, you were doing what you thought was right.

I hope you at least got your hole :grin: :embarrassed:

To be fair that's more on her than you - it's not like it's a horrible, I totally didn't bang a 70 year old hooker on Simmo's stag do type lie to come out, you were doing what you thought was right.

I hope you at least got your hole :grin: :embarrassed:

Well... :embarrassed:

Ah, yeah, sounds like you kind of screwed yourself from the start... I guess in the end it's sort of good it ended this way now and doesn't become an issue later on, but still sucks.

And I do agree with JBJ that it's a pretty understandable lie that I would probably have accepted when revealed quickly enough.

Reactions: wok
Ok,

Moved into my new flat, still got loads of unpacking to do. My daughter was here yesterday and today, which helped a lot to forget about my girlfriend situation.

I don't really know what to do with girlfriend. I want her back of course, but not sure how realistic this is or how to approach this. Don't worry, I am not going to stalk her :lol: Maybe i'll message her in a week or so.

Anyone any advice?

Meanwhile though, i got spicy hot pepper pork belly slices under the grill :love:

Last edited:
So today was very busy at work which took my mind off things.

Got a million things to do this evening. Starting with phoning car insurance company.

Living the dream!

So I decided now is as good a time as any to get a full sleeve tattoo. have been considering it for a long time, but my ex never liked the idea of me spending a fortune on it.

This is what I am getting:

c010fc47e0c05dff30e1e87890b79daf.jpg

Settled into my flat quite well now, just waiting for internet to be installed.

And still not sure what to do to get gf back, if at all possible. I sent her 1 message yesterday, not expecting a reply. Might try again in a week or so. Good idea or bad idea?

Hm, maybe give it a bit longer than a week if you've already sent one today, you don't want to come across like a stalker. Other than that I'm quite rusty on the whole fresh GF/early days kind of stuff... it's been ages...

Good luck dealing with insurance, always a good time with them :embarrassed:

And the tattoo seems sick, I've been wanting a small tattoo near my wrist for ages, but I'm just too much of a pussy (and lazy as hell to boot) to get one or decide on what I want... From what I hear from friends with tons of tattoo's and who work doing tattoo's it's worth going to an "expensive" place instead of going to the cheapest you can find, cheap places can be good, but the difference in detail really starts to stand out with time.

Hm, maybe give it a bit longer than a week if you've already sent one today, you don't want to come across like a stalker. Other than that I'm quite rusty on the whole fresh GF/early days kind of stuff... it's been ages...

Good luck dealing with insurance, always a good time with them :embarrassed:

And the tattoo seems sick, I've been wanting a small tattoo near my wrist for ages, but I'm just too much of a pussy (and lazy as hell to boot) to get one or decide on what I want... From what I hear from friends with tons of tattoo's and who work doing tattoo's it's worth going to an "expensive" place instead of going to the cheapest you can find, cheap places can be good, but the difference in detail really starts to stand out with time.

Yeah, I have one specific tattoo artist in mind, no matter what the cost.

And I was really rusty on the new girlfriend thing as well, after being with my ex for 10 years.

Probably the reason why I handled it so badly and ruined it. But yeah, will give it a while, and maybe ask her in a month or so if she is up for a coffee. Our relationship wass short but very intense, so probably best to let things settle down for a bit

I have no desire to have a tattoo, principally because I've never come across anything I could be sure that I'd always want on my body.

That picture is stunning however so good luck to you with it.

As I have just had my 18th wedding anniversary on Sunday and will have been with the wife 20 years come November, I have no clue about new/fresh relationship stuff these days. However, not "stalking" her with lots of messages is definitely a good idea. You're also newly single and that will take some adjustment, particularly given you will always have ties with the ex due to your daughter. I'd get that routine together so you know what time you genuinely have to be you, rather than being Dad.

Good luck with the car insurance stuff as well.

Reactions: wok
Thanks guys,

Just been feeling down in the dumps this evening despite all the encouraging words.

:cry:

In Edinburgh this afternoon for work. Having lived in Fife for 6 years, I forgot what a great, buzzing city Edinburgh is.

I am renting my current flat In Kirkcaldy for 6 months, decided in a few months I will start bidding for properties in Edinburgh. Since I have a daughter, I would have a bigger chance of finding something.

I'm randomly in York for the night. Seems to be rather a large number of bars. Haven't spotted the Minster yet, because, you know, bars :embarrassed:

I'm randomly in York for the night. Seems to be rather a large number of bars. Haven't spotted the Minster yet, because, you know, bars :embarrassed:

Spent a year in York many moons ago. IIRC, York had the highest number of pubs per person living in the city limits in the country at the time. Seems like things don't change.

Just got back from the last football match of the season... I'm wrecked, our only attacking sub injured himself a few minutes in so I had to play the full match...

Other than that life is boring as hell, wrote some applications for projects, slowly working on my thesis, looking for a new apartment.

Just got back from the last football match of the season... I'm wrecked, our only attacking sub injured himself a few minutes in so I had to play the full match...

Other than that life is boring as hell, wrote some applications for projects, slowly working on my thesis, looking for a new apartment.

Good luck with the search. Finding a new place is always more stressful than it's worth.

Back