Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

@jbj - on the appeal front, I've not come across a reference to something similar to that just based on a bad mark in an exam. If he was ill, or it was obviously marked badly (eg A grade student who didn't find the paper difficult and was confident of a result getting an E or something) then there's are grounds to appeal, but can't find anything else.

Doesn't help that there is no coursework element anymore (thanks to the f*cking Tory education policy), as they have put the whole thing back on the exams. It also doesn't help that they've forced a new grading system on Maths and English this year (Maths is the subject in question for my son) marking grades from 1 to 9. 1 is the lowest with a 9 being equivalent to an A**.

They still adjust the grade boundaries however so fingers crossed.

@jbj - on the appeal front, I've not come across a reference to something similar to that just based on a bad mark in an exam. If he was ill, or it was obviously marked badly (eg A grade student who didn't find the paper difficult and was confident of a result getting an E or something) then there's are grounds to appeal, but can't find anything else.

Doesn't help that there is no coursework element anymore (thanks to the f*cking Tory education policy), as they have put the whole thing back on the exams. It also doesn't help that they've forced a new grading system on Maths and English this year (Maths is the subject in question for my son) marking grades from 1 to 9. 1 is the lowest with a 9 being equivalent to an A**.

They still adjust the grade boundaries however so fingers crossed.

You daren't get me started on using education as a political football :)

I'm off to Berlin in a couple of hours. 3 day company pissup. Should be fun. And by fun I mean widely alternating between drunkenness and hangover :embarrassed:

Not been to berlin for years. Awesome city and not the worst place to mince around with a hangover to be fair.

It's fucking hot, 31 degrees in Laaandann :eek:

Berlin was nice. Saw the major sights but we probably spent too much time doing tourist things and not enough exploring 'cool' Berlin in the East part of the city.

London was fawking hot on Saturday and Sunday too when I was there.

Worth it though, as saw Guns and Roses at London Stadium which has ticked them off the list of bands to I want see at some point in my life after the best part of 30 years.

Don't know what sort of attitude I really expected but I have to say Axl seemed quite humble and really appreciative of the reception they got. Also Slash had the best guitar tone I think I have heard at a concert ever. Stunning is the word. They also played "Black Hole Sun" as a tribute to Chris Cornell which got a rapturous response.

Great night out all told.

Glad it was a good show. When I was 16 G'n'R where the biggest thing on the planet to me. I must have listened to Appetite once a day for a year. I literally wore out the tape. Yet I felt no real compulsion to go to this show. I can't believe Axl and Slash have made up after all the bad blood between them. So it's purely milking the fans for some cash. And increasingly fat Slash is even more off putting to go and see than fat Axl :embarrassed:

I did see Velvet Revolver a few years ago and they played a whole section of G'n'R songs. That was close enough for me.

London was fawking hot on Saturday and Sunday too when I was there.

Worth it though, as saw Guns and Roses at London Stadium which has ticked them off the list of bands to I want see at some point in my life after the best part of 30 years.

Don't know what sort of attitude I really expected but I have to say Axl seemed quite humble and really appreciative of the reception they got. Also Slash had the best guitar tone I think I have heard at a concert ever. Stunning is the word. They also played "Black Hole Sun" as a tribute to Chris Cornell which got a rapturous response.

Great night out all told.
I saw Slash with Myles Kennedy and the Conspiritors a couple of years ago in a very small venue...I thought the exact same thing about his tone. Just as the band took the stage he hit a couple of open A chords and it just sounded HUGE. I did get to see his rig....4 reissue JCM 800 2203 amps. I don't know if or how they may have been modded to get that type of gain but I'd love to find out. I'd mod my JCM 800 in a minute to have that tone.

hallo euros, I'd just like to point out that We Are Premier League!!

Bit late in the day but just registered. If no one follows footie, ignore me

So, Monday sucks. Work colleague has just handed his notice in and I'm the only one who can cover for him so am going to have to pick up a load of his work. Doesn't help that I'm off for 2.5 of the 4 weeks he has left... :facepalm:

No summer holidays for me, just saving up on holidays.

Flat hunting at the moment anyway, getting my own place while still spending thd most time at the house so the transition will be easier for my daughter. Me and ex are still good friends so it's not going to be messy and ugly thankfully

Back