Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

Feck sake lads. Nobody's posted since Friday.

jbj, big congrats on your award thingy.

Thanks very much mate. It's a team of around 6 so I can't claim full credit but fuck yeah it's quite the accolade. First thing I'm doing when I get in tomorrow is updating my CV :embarrassed:

Evening all. Hope your weekend is going better than mine. Son is freaking out due to his GCSEs as he thinks he's screwed his chances of getting to do the subject he wants to at A level. Not good that I've been helping him with revision for a lot of his subjects including organising a timetable for it but haven't put anywhere near the time into this subject thinking he had a better grip on it. Also got other issues happening that mean time I should have spent helping him have been taken up with petty shit that if certain people had two f*cking brain cells they could sort out for themselves. </rant></moan>

Apologies for venting...

Crap. Hope things aren't as bad as he thinks Gorgon.

shit one, Gorgon. Hope things work out

Cheers guys. Things have got a bit more hopeful. Apparently, there are several sites these days where as soon as the exam is over, people post what they can remember of it and all the inputs are collated to come up with an unofficial mark scheme. He looked up the paper 2 results last night which was the paper he though he'd made the most mess of and felt a lot better when the consencus answers were largely what he put. He's got the final paper (3) tomorrow so hopefully we can get any stuff he's still struggling with sorted this evening and he can have a good crack at the paper in the morning. He also felt better when I explained to him that provided he gets a good enough grade to get into the A level course then whatever he actually gets in the GCSE is irrelevant to employers in the future as he will have a higher level qualification in the same subject. Fingers crossed.

So me and my gf have decided to amicably split. It's going to be somewhat complicated as we have a daughter together and a shared mortgage.

It's not going to be easy but it's clear we don't get along anymore ( living in the same house).

I am going to move out in August. Going to miss this house and having my daughter with me every evening, but I feel quite relieved about it and feel strangely liberated :embarrassed:

I have already been on a date :embarrassed:

Interesting times ahead...

amsterdam is calling wok. I know you don't like that place but bed in for a few months and I'll be there late August to get you some chips and take you right down the rabbit hole.

Reactions: wok
That is of course providing my British passport allows me access to the rabbit, or any other hole, come August.

Reactions: wok
He can always appeal if his prelims have been decent and his coursework solid...

From what I can tell, the appeal can either be based on whether he was ill on the day, or against a perceived marking issue with the exam. Or is there another case based on nerves or similar?

He had his third exam today and it didn't go well (he feels). :( Spent the evening trying to pick him up and get him in the right frame of mind to take on his exams tomorrow. In some ways, tomorrow is his hardest day as it is the only one where he has to do two papers in one day. 2nd Chemistry paper first which is likely to be the hardest science paper from analysis of previous papers followed by History in the afternoon which is another subject he wants to take at A level. Just hope he doesn't get upset if the Chemistry is hard and blow the History as he takes these things to heart.

Mojo @wok.

From what I can tell, the appeal can either be based on whether he was ill on the day, or against a perceived marking issue with the exam. Or is there another case based on nerves or similar?

He had his third exam today and it didn't go well (he feels). :( Spent the evening trying to pick him up and get him in the right frame of mind to take on his exams tomorrow. In some ways, tomorrow is his hardest day as it is the only one where he has to do two papers in one day. 2nd Chemistry paper first which is likely to be the hardest science paper from analysis of previous papers followed by History in the afternoon which is another subject he wants to take at A level. Just hope he doesn't get upset if the Chemistry is hard and blow the History as he takes these things to heart.

Mojo @wok.

I dunno if it's different down there and there have been changes up here over the past few years so it might no longer be the case but if you had consistently performed well throughout the year and had plenty of evidence to back it up (i.e. coursework, prelim results) then the school could appeal for you.

I got bumped up to a 2 from a 3 in Maths and didn't even know the school had appealed - I walked out of the exam halfway through...

As well as that, they base the pass and grade marks on how the whole cohort of students have performed so if it has been a bad paper then he won't need to have done as well to get a decent grade.

Back