Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

The Lakes. Been a good but looooooooooooong week.

Great for the kids and pretty emotional to be part of.

Longest I've gone without a refreshing lagerbeer for fuck knows how long, not sure why I'm not rattling :grin:

The Lakes. Been a good but looooooooooooong week.

Great for the kids and pretty emotional to be part of.

Longest I've gone without a refreshing lagerbeer for fuck knows how long, not sure why I'm not rattling :grin:

I know it really doesn't help, but I'm having a refreshing one right now. It's quite good. :embarrassed:

I know it really doesn't help, but I'm having a refreshing one right now. It's quite good. :embarrassed:

Well that took a turn for the worst.

Police called at 1am to provide worse case scenario backup as a kid with ASD went into crisis and there was a real chance myself and 2 other staff were going to have to restrain him.

I was at a training session on Friday on what to do of a child is violent towards you and the opening gambit was - I'm not showing you how to restrain people as you can potentially kill or inflict life changing injuries on a person even in f you restrain them in a "safe" method :facepalm:

I am getting dropped off at the pub right from work :embarrassed:

I was at a training session on Friday on what to do of a child is violent towards you and the opening gambit was - I'm not showing you how to restrain people as you can potentially kill or inflict life changing injuries on a person even in f you restrain them in a "safe" method :facepalm:

Mojo about the kid.

o_O WTF about the training...

Basically, if the kid goes off on one and starts killing people, tough shit, they can kill you because it might hurt them if you touch them...

Health and Safety gone f*cking mad as usual. :facepalm:

Mojo about the kid.

o_O WTF about the training...

Basically, if the kid goes off on one and starts killing people, tough shit, they can kill you because it might hurt them if you touch them...

Health and Safety gone f*cking mad as usual. :facepalm:

No in that case we're allowed to use reasonable force to restrain a child who is presenting a tgreat of harm to themselves, other kids, myself or staff. The terms reasonable force and threat of harm of course being in no way ambiguous :shrug:

The training was pretty cool actually, it was more about getting out of situations where the kid hard grabbed you - we got showed all kinds of cool moves like you see the special forces and karate dudes doing in videos.

Hulloooo.

Crazy busy times, working my ass off. Downsides of freelancer life properly kicked in, it's glorious to be able to sleep in most of the time, but it gets a bit awkward when suddenly you find yourself with a metric arseton of work that's too good to pass up.

MA graduation has been postponed for a while :embarrassed:

i've had 6ish litres of refreshign continental lager beers in pint form this evening which is nice but my taxi to go on my stag do is arriving at 6:30 in the morning - fucking europeans, we should like disown them or something :shrug:

:embarrassed:

Oi oi. I'm enjoying a refreshing lager beer in my local.

I shall need to remember to return him before the hot tub floods :embarrassed:

Back