Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

So our negotiating strategy with the EU boils down to 'James Bond is real and if you don't be nice to use we'll stop him saving your Euro arses' :facepalm:

So our negotiating strategy with the EU boils down to 'James Bond is real and if you don't be nice to use we'll stop him saving your Euro arses' :facepalm:

Sounds legit :embarrassed:

I've not heard or read the speech yet and although I still think it's a terrible idea, I think the best possible / least shitey strategy we can lead with is try to go in as hard as possible and see if they're willing to make any concessions or links if we compromise.

Yup. Time for Scotland to say bye bye to the United Tory Kingdom

And stick with an ever increasing right wing Europe where we've even less of a say... :shrug:

EU legislation only makes up abouy 7% of all our laws. So we actually would have more self-determination

Anyhoo, I'd rather talk BEER

Fucking freezing here :mad: I've got a really bad cough, had it since Christmas. It's probably bronchitis. Going out in the cold and breathing hard irritates my lungs so it's a good excuse to avoid exercise. :embarrassed: And REFRESHING LAGER BEER sooths the throat :idea:

Still fucking annoying though. I've got some manuka honey coming from Amazon tomorrow. Maybe that'll help. Or maybe I'm turning into a hippie :embarrassed:

Wotcha. wave0

Still kicking the tail end of a cough/cold that started at the end of November. Seems to be a lot of it about.

I fucking HATE ironing. First time I've had to do it in about a year (I had to wipe dust off it :grin: ) that's the last time I try to get fancy with the washing machine and divert from my tried and true - 42 mins programme then get that shit out and hung up sharp - method of not having to iron :embarrassed:

Work week done. Flew in until the last hour where I'd to sit in a meeting with my head being burst about some high power meeting (I was supposedly told about last week!) that I've to attend on behalf of the school on Tuesday :messedup:

I now feel like I need some sort of, cold refreshing liquid intoxicant, possibly European in nature.

Holy shit. :eek:
Norway made it to the final of the men's handball World Cup, after extra time. :eek:
Probably our biggest ever team sport moment.

I need several drinks after watching that. :embarrassed:

Quite similar to Denmark winning the football 92 Euros, we weren't even qualified for the tournament. :embarrassed:

Now, where's my scotch? :grin:

feeling low today. Had another argument with gf and looks like things might not work out. Thing is, we have a great house, both have good jobs, have a lovely daughter, but we just don't get along. We have been together for 10 years but things have been strained lately.

:(

feeling low today. Had another argument with gf and looks like things might not work out. Thing is, we have a great house, both have good jobs, have a lovely daughter, but we just don't get along. We have been together for 10 years but things have been strained lately.

Sorry to hear this wok. I'm going through something similar right now. Feel free to PM if you want to chat.

Sorry to hear this wok. I'm going through something similar right now. Feel free to PM if you want to chat.

Mojo to the pair of you. Having been with the wife 20 years this year I can sympathise, there have been times that I nearly walked away. Got through them via eventually getting to talk through what was bothering both of us and having the patience to listen to each other.

Hope it works out in both cases.

Nah, his other half has put up with enough shite from him to know what he's like and she still said "Yes". They're good.

Ahem

I do 90% of the cooking (the other 9% is take away and 1% is her), I pay the mortgage, I actually hoover and put a washing on now and again - she's got it fucking cushy here.

But I digress. Sorry to hear about the issues you guys are having. Not that I'm an expert by any means but whenever we argue (which is admittedly rare) we have a blow out to get it out of our system and then talk it over - we fell out not too long into our relationship and split up because we didn't do the talking part after the fight. :shrug:

Back