Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

Morning.

Off work with some kind of bug - amazing how easy you pick that stuff up when you work with kids who haven't mastered washing their hands or not sneezing in your face :mad:

In fairness 48% of us in the UK felt a mix of utter hatred and puzzlement the next day too :embarrassed:

Rather than Scottish independence, I think it would make things a lot easier if there would be an Independent Kingdom of Little England, with Nigel Farage as prime minister.

As much as I think it was a ridiculous choice, it was a much closer call than the independence referendum and this stupid precedent of "well I don't like the result and it was quite close so let's argue for another one." is the anti-thesis of democracy.

Anyways I've spent the day drinking lemsips and filling in my self assessment for the DJing so it's not all been a total loss. Next year will finally be the year that I'm going to keep on top of it instead of rifling through a pile of receipts come October :grin: :embarrassed:

As much as I think it was a ridiculous choice, it was a much closer call than the independence referendum and this stupid precedent of "well I don't like the result and it was quite close so let's argue for another one." is the anti-thesis of democracy.

Anyways I've spent the day drinking lemsips and filling in my self assessment for the DJing so it's not all been a total loss. Next year will finally be the year that I'm going to keep on top of it instead of rifling through a pile of receipts come October :grin: :embarrassed:

Well, I do think there's a case to be made for a new one. Most of what the out camp have been advocating have been blatant lies. "We shall still have access to the internal market", how daft do you have to be to actually think that... "It will still be just easy to travel", well fuck no, there's this great thing called Shengen of which the UK is not a member, when the exit is a fact there is no agreement with any country left that regulates free travel of UK citizens and there's very little incentive for other European countries to strike a deal if they get very little in return. The list goes on and on. People have just been lied to, it's partly their fault for being stupid enough to believe that drivel, but there's a point in saying there should be a new round with none of these lies.

For all I care the Brexit happens, the UK has been nothing but a pain in the ass for years and partly to blame for the lack of effectivity of the EU. And the 51% of geniuses who didn't figure out the promised dreamland has no base in reality deserves to drown in the shitpool they created.

I don't think 52-48 (or indeed 55-45) is an excuse to shut down debate and go completely along with the side that narrowly won. It's not democratic to ignore almost half the electorate. 60% plus, sure. But when a result is that close, for something that important, the debate is not closed.

I don't think 52-48 (or indeed 55-45) is an excuse to shut down debate and go completely along with the side that narrowly won. It's not democratic to ignore almost half the electorate. 60% plus, sure. But when a result is that close, for something that important, the debate is not closed.

Of course it shouldn't stop the debate but a result is a result and regardless of how close it is, if it's been fair and legal then it should be respected.

Of course there'll be qualified voting when I'm King so we won't have these idiots muddying the waters :embarrassed:

I'm gigging all weekend then off to the airport roughly 45 minutes after I'm due to get home from tomorrows so no refreshinglagerbeer for me just now :facepalm:

Should have known you were from Europe...

It all makes sense now..

I thought Brexit was meant to stop things like this ^ happening :shrug:

Last gig of the weekend. Fridays was a blast, yesterdays was a slog and tonights is a 2 hour drive away :shrug:

I shall enjoy some refreshinglagerbeers once I'm home and waiting for my taxi to the airport :thu:

Morning mufuddas I'm in noo yawk :Wave:

It's in the mid 20s here so my jeans, jumpers, hoodies wardrobe isn't really going to cut it :facepalm:

Side note, Americans are weird, they're ordering food with their pre noon refreshinglagerbeers :shrug:

Back