Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

Wetherspoons Thursday Night curry club: Yea or Nay?

Haven't had one for a while but it was a reasonable curry and a pint at a cheap price last time I did. If you want a really good curry, I'd find a decent Indian restaurant and pay the extra though.

You visiting the UK again @Jbird ?

Haven't had one for a while but it was a reasonable curry and a pint at a cheap price last time I did. If you want a really good curry, I'd find a decent Indian restaurant and pay the extra though.

You visiting the UK again @Jbird ?
I'd like to, but it looks like a Montana/Wyoming/Colorado trip is in the works for next year.

I don't know why, but I was thinking of my trip last year, and the curry I had at Wetherspoons. Not the best curry I've ever had (that would be Gurkha Square, in Grantham) but it was cheap and filling, and we don't have cheap curry places here in the States…at least not where I live :(

The spoons curries are basically decent microwave curries .They fill a hole :embarrassed:

I'm a fan of spoons to be fair, in an age where you have to pay £4 a pint for some italian pisswater they offer some excellent beverages for sweet fuck all. Granted you have to put up with some old guy, hard on his luck, soiling himself in front of you once in a while but them's the brakes

In an era where places like dennistoun are sprouting up fancy wine bars cambislang opened a wellys at the start of the year and there's a McDonalds afoot :facepalm:

My mrs quite likes it because you can get a double Hendricks for tuppence but I prefer our more earthy watering holes. In fact my gaffer lives a close by and us shot scared to set foot in anywhere except wetherspoons which means I can be a roving scumbag with general impunity in the local area.

First day back at work :eek:

Was actually rather productive given how much a waste of time in service days usually are.

I did have an influx of e-mails from the mainstream teachers trying to lay various excuses why they can no longer offer a lesson for kids - LIKE FUCK YOU WILL SNIDE OUT OF THIS, I'm stuck with them 27 periods a week, you can jump on the grenade for 1 or 2 :embarrassed:

So now I have a bunch of over eager NQTs who actually believe that "this will be good for your CV" lining up to take the bullet on behalf of their more savvy senior colleagues. :grin:

db8f3c918b805dcd2ee1cf91aaceb5c6.jpg

Back