Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

Don't worry, the UK's Summer is over by Friday and it will be pissing down with rain as per usual.

:embarrassed:

My brother is in Manchester this week, he was sending me pictures of blue clear skies all damn day :mad:

Here it's just gray, luckily no rain, but after the winter days with about 5 hours of light I could seriously do with a bit of sun on my face :embarrassed:

@jbj - good luck on the work front. :thu:

Cheers.

On a more shite work related note, the local authority I've done 90+% of my work for over the past 5 years haven't invited me to their yearly round of pointless "we need to do interviews but there's not actually any jobs to go round so you get a nice "you've been successful, if anything comes up we'll give you a shout" bollocks this time round which suggests that things are really in the shiter i.e. there's not even the outlook of any permanent History jobs coming up in the near future.

But that's all bollocks, had a cracking day today with my mad little autistic pupils raising money for our unit. I managed 3.03 in the staff planking competition which is not bad given I couldn't tell you the last time I did a plank and the rest of the fuckers all turned up with changes of gear / trainers etc... and I'm down their like a knob end with my shirt and shoes on!!!

Got a shit tonne of baking to devour in the unit too which is super handy given this week marks my official - time to get the finger out for this year's Tough Mudder training.

Anyways I'm going to do some jumpy around exercise bollocks then go out back and grill me a bollocksing steak :grin:

noon spuds :Wave:

sun continuing to show itself in Scotland. It's even quite hot. I expect a crap summer though

Finally got some sun here. Windy as fuck but still.

Tomorrow my GF is coming back from the Netherlands and my dad's coming over to visit. Going to end 3 weeks of being home alone, which was nice and kinda meh at the same time. Will be doing a lot of visiting stuff in the city and surrounding islands the coming week and a half. And a nice little booze cruise to Tallinn, which is always a ton of fun. I still can't believe how crazy cheap a two way cruise over there is, it's like 20 to 25 euros a person for 3 hours there and 3 hours back.

Tallinn is the bollocks.

Pretty sure arseholeair stopped flying there from Scotland though :(

Tallinn is the bollocks.

Pretty sure arseholeair stopped flying there from Scotland though :(

Yeah it's quite awesome, very pretty old town and you can get wasted in a bar for a price that is not giving you a fucking heart attack. Though going there all the way from Scotlland seems quite overkill, It's mostly fun because it's only a few hours away. Also, if you really want to go you should fly to Helsinki and take the boat. The boat is a very very special experience :embarrassed:

Yeah it's quite awesome, very pretty old town and you can get wasted in a bar for a price that is not giving you a fucking heart attack. Though going there all the way from Scotlland seems quite overkill, It's mostly fun because it's only a few hours away. Also, if you really want to go you should fly to Helsinki and take the boat. The boat is a very very special experience :embarrassed:

Meh it's only a couple of hours on the plane and Ryan Air used to do it for buttons.

I'm sure my girlfriend did the Helsinkini to Tallinn ferry once.

I considered it one time I was over there but decided there was too much fun to be had in Tallinn :grin:

Meh it's only a couple of hours on the plane and Ryan Air used to do it for buttons.

I'm sure my girlfriend did the Helsinkini to Tallinn ferry once.

I considered it one time I was over there but decided there was too much fun to be had in Tallinn :grin:

It sure is fun, though I do have to find my way there a bit, last time we just went for the fuck of it without checking what there actually is. We walked into a soviet style built area which was boring as fuck. Took us a while to find some nice places. On the ferry the sight of finns getting absolutely hammered at 9 in the morning is a joy to behold. Especially since finnish people don't have the tendency to pick fights and destroy their surroundings when they get wasted, but turn from grumpy to crazy talkative.

Early evening folks.

For the first time in pretty much ever that didn't involve some sort of meeting or travelling I worked until 5 o clock today as I was picking the missus up from hospital and thought it made more sense to hang about being productive and go right there rather than going home then having to double back in rush hour.

How the bollocks do you tajjers do that every day I'll never know :embarrassed:

noon eejits! :Wave:

_82530996_026777508-1.jpg

noon reprobates :Wave:

After a pretty strange weekend (weatherwise with sun, warmth as well as hail, snow and cold), it's pretty much back to normal (overcast). Oh well, guess I am not that sorry to be inside all day

In unrelated news, buh-bye :Wave:

It's been hailstones and heavy rain on and all day here.

Clearly not the right day for me to have left last night's washing out ont he line :facepalm:

Not looking good for the plan to have a hot tub bbq party next Sunday either.

It's been hailstones and heavy rain on and all day here.

Clearly not the right day for me to have left last night's washing out ont he line :facepalm:

Not looking good for the plan to have a hot tub bbq party next Sunday either.

Perhaps if you make the hot tub hot enough :idea:

Perhaps if you make the hot tub hot enough :idea:

There's still plenty to be done before the thing is set up never mind hot enough to counteract our shitty climate.

Unfortunately a good deal of it involves turfing up the garden and given the weather's meant to be shite all week I'm assuming that's out of the window.

Back