Restaurant Dining..

tompetty

Sporting a hammer...
When you're eating in a restaurant and your meal isn't up to par,will you send it back?
I know some people wouldn't say shit if their mouth was full of it.. They'll eat the meal..

I've done it a few times and the most recent was at a seaside restaurant and I was with one other person. I ordered a salmon meal and the salmon was so overcooked that I was embarrassed for the chef..

By the time I got my second meal the person I was with was finished eating..Grrrrr..

It came back perfectly cooked and they gave me the meal and my glass of wine for free and apologized

The waitress was so cool that I gave her the cost of my meal as a tip on the side..

I'm not overly picky and have ate meals that were not perfect but not bad..

Ever send back a meal??

It has to be pretty bad for me to send it back. Usually I will just chalk it up to bad luck and not go back to the place.

Once...at an Olive Garden...the Chicken Parmesan was ridiculously dry, and the dish was overall lacking in both sauce and taste...told the waitress that I could accept sub-par at a chain restaurant, but not inedible...

I have no problem sending something back.

If they give me a hard time, or attitude, or whatever, I will never go back.

I rarely get a hard time, though.

It's all in the presentation, as they say......

told the waitress that I could accept sub-par at a chain restaurant

latest

I'm more of a never go back again kind of guy. I might actually chaulk it up to one bad meal, but if it ever became two, I'm just done.

Last week, we sent the dessert back. A poor excuse of Tiramisu that was so dry it was stale. They traded it for Tres Leches cake which was made with the same type of cake, dry and stale but this time soaked with caramel condensed milk.

Had to send back a salmon steak once at Red Lobster. It was barely cooked. If I had wanted sushi, I would've went to a sushi bar…

Actually, I went because my mom and sister called me up and wanted me to go with them :embarrassed:

And yes, I understand that some places cook salmon medium rare, but this salmon was hardly cooked at all. It was raw, basically.

Had to send back a salmon steak once at Red Lobster. It was barely cooked. If I had wanted sushi, I would've went to a sushi bar…

Actually, I went because my mom and sister called me up and wanted me to go with them :embarrassed:

And yes, I understand that some places cook salmon medium rare, but this salmon was hardly cooked at all. It was raw, basically.

Rare salmon may work in the NW of the US, or in the NE (farmed or land-locked), but I would have a hard time getting raw salmon from Red Lobster, know what I'm saying?

Kind of like a lobster roll from McDonald's.

Can't imagine those are selling well in New England.

Rare salmon may work in the NW of the US, or in the NE (farmed or land-locked), but I would have a hard time getting raw salmon from Red Lobster, know what I'm saying?

Kind of like a lobster roll from McDonald's.

Can't imagine those are selling well in New England.

Salman Rushdie once wrote an article on travel tips for visitors to India.

One of them was "never order seafood unless you're within throwing distance of the ocean."

Anyway. I've moved a lot in my lifetime, six countries on three continents. But I don't think I've ever lived more than 50 miles from the ocean. And that was an exception. My last two homes have been coastal/seaside properties. Wouldn't change it.

Montreal, Toronto, or Chicago, maybe.

Back