Resonator Round-up

335clone

Living the dream
So, what do you have, and what are you playing on it?

I picked up a Dobro Hound Dog Deluxe a month ago and the rest of my guitars have been collecting dust since then.
Dobro6.jpg

Dobro2.jpg

It currently has a set of .12's that came on it, but I will likely swap those for a set of .13's this weekend. Stiff enough that my heaviest slide does not tap the frets but light enough that I can still fret notes. I have played around with different tunings but for now it is in Open G. I have been learning some chord shapes beyond what I already knew, as well as honing my slide intonation. I have about 10 songs I have been working on including Running on Faith, In my Time of Dying, Dust my Broom, Brown Eyed Women, Going to California....

You...?

I picked up a Gretsch Bobtail a while back.

I played it almost exclusively from the time I got it until I put it away before our Thanksgiving.

Nice. I looked at both the Fender and Gretsch offerings, but couldn't pass up 60% off on the Dobro. List was $915, I paid $369.

Those Republics look killer. I am gassing for a National, but......

I don't have one, but I'd like one. I've been giving the Republic ones a look for about a year now.

http://republicguitars.com

I've played on a couple. They're pretty nice.

I use a Gretsch Honey Dipper in open D, sometimes G.

When I first got it I'd always have to bring other guitars to gigs, because I wasn't comfortable in all keys, but I eventually got to the point where I could make it all night.

If anybody's interested, here's that honey dipper recorded on my latest record.

Main vocal, reso, banjo, acoustic, and upright were all tracked live. Everything else was added after the fact.

If anybody's interested, here's that honey dipper recorded on my latest record.

Main vocal, reso, banjo, acoustic, and upright were all tracked live. Everything else was added after the fact.

I like that a lot!

I've posted this before, but here's mine. A 60s (presumed) National inherited from my uncle.

That is way cool! What a sweet National. I'd love to have one someday.

You should be able to date it pretty easily. Have you contacted National to check the s/n?

Oh, and this thread is delivering!!

That is way cool! What a sweet National. I'd love to have one someday.

You should be able to date it pretty easily. Have you contacted National to check the s/n?

Oh, and this thread is delivering!!
It normally lives with my brother, I'm just keeping it while he's in Nepal for a few years. It's his baby and he's done all the research on it. I just never remember the details.

Back