Removing Pick Noise

Kelly

24 Steel Wheels of Shoegaze
I have a take that i really really like except for the incessant pick noise! Is there a way to remove this through processing or is it just a better idea to move the amp across the room and put the mic next to it? (it's about 4 feet away from me)

are you talking about hearing the pick noise acoustically from the strings louder than what the mic is getting from the amp?

are you talking about hearing the pick noise acoustically from the strings louder than what the mic is getting from the amp?

+1 :confused:

If you're talking about hearing the strings through the mic... move the amp and/or turn it up more. :shrug:

If you're talking about the pick noise at the start of the note... different picks, different pick attack, less treble, less gain, roll down the guitar's tone pot, more legato stuff. :shrug:

First one. :facepalm: I'm a total mixing n00b. Please forgive me for my terrible production values.

If you're actually hearing the acoustic sound of the pick hitting the strings (not coming through the amp), then yeah, you need to turn the amp up louder and/or move it further away from you.

Back